Wattpad Original
There are 20 more free parts

Ch 10: Do you have a boyfriend?

Sitting at his table, Ben drank an entire glass of water in one go. Not only the summer sun was sticking to his skin, but Anthony's stare was burning a blush from his head to his toes. If Ben didn't know any better, he'd say Anthony and him were the same age, but he knew better. This was a vampire with red eyes, fangs, and a perfect complexion. He was tanned like Nino with dark curly hair, but Anthony's curls were tighter, shorter, and sat bouncier on his head. Unfortunately, he was also gorgeous. Ben hated this family.

Underneath his disguise, Anthony was wearing a black suit without a tie, and he didn't seem to bring any bags with him. This was a visit.

"Why do you smell so good?" Anthony asked, his chin resting on his hand as he stared at Ben with sparkling eyes. "How do you know Nino and Bianca? You're not a vampire, right? Does that mean you're a witch? No way Nino hangs out with a human, but then again, you smell good. I'd like to hang out with you too. Do you have a boyfriend? Do you want one?"

"Um, no thanks. Why would you say Nino wouldn't hang out with a human?" Ben couldn't help himself but ask.

"Nino doesn't like anything with an expiration date," Anthony said with a huge shit-eating grin and Ben wasn't sure if he should be offended for himself or Nino.

Evie came barreling through the kitchen with her sketchbook. She hopped up into the seat next to Anthony. "Look at what I've drawn! Uncle Nino bought this for me!"

"It's beautiful," Anthony praised her. "Tell me, is your new uncle Ben single?"

Nino reached over and grabbed his little brother by the ear, nearly yanking him off his chair. "What are you doing here, Anthony?" Nino growled; his patience worn thinner than mesh.

Wincing, Anthony cringed towards Nino, a laugh still at the tip of his tongue. "Don't get mad, Nino, or I'll think you don't want to see me."

Nino twisted, and Anthony groaned in pain and collapsed on the ground. Anthony just snickered, his hands by his head in surrender. "What's making you madder? Me being here or me bothering the human? Why does he smell so good? And why won't anyone tell me if he's single or not?"

Nino kicked his leg. "Because it's none of your business. Why are you here? Did Dante send you?"

"If you want to know why I'm here, just ask little Evie over here." He pointed at her, and all eyes turned. She cowarded at the attention.

Her brow furrowed. "I didn't invite him."

"Didn't you? Evelyn Ventura-Caputo, you should know better than to scry on people without the proper precautions to cover your tracks."

"You did what?" Nino snapped.

Evie's face went stark white. "How did you know?"

"So, you did? What's going on?"

Soon, everyone was in Evie's room as she routed around underneath her bed until she pulled out a small crystal ball. Ben gawked. "Evie! Was that from the witch's shop?"

She nodded. Her eyes were getting blood shot as she was on the verge of tears.

"You stole it?"

"You stole from a witch?" Nino echoed, crossing his arms. He was so mad Ben could see steam wafting off his shoulders. This was going to cause damage somehow. Ben could feel it and he didn't like it. The tension twisted his stomach into knots. It made Ben want to throw himself in the middle and catch the bullets aimed at Evie.

Meanwhile, having the time of his life, Anthony just continued to grin. He patted Evie's head and then ruffled her hair until it was messed up. She swatted at him, and he just snickered more. "That's the Ventura in her."