Wattpad Original
There are 18 more free parts

Ch 12: This might suck

Fresh from a second shower, Ben sat on the couch with one instruction from Nino. He bellowed from the depths of his soul, "Don't move and don't look." With a demand like that, Ben couldn't help it. He peeked and saw just the briefest glint from a needle. All the blood in Ben's body went ice cold.

"You know me really well," Ben tried to joke, but Nino didn't laugh.

Evie smashed her face against his arm and held his hand so tight that Ben had to tell her, "Hey, loosen the grip."

Evie did a little without moving her face.

"This is going to hurt for a second," Nino warned.

Ben's eyes widened and snapped his attention forward. "You're going to sew me up with that needle? It's the size of a fettuccine noodle."

Exasperated, Nino shook his head. "I told you not to look."

"I hate needles. Maybe I should watch."

"You got the shit kicked out of you and you're worried about a needle?"

"What does a needle have to do with that? And I didn't get kicked. I was punched."

Giggling, Anthony was the only amused person in the house. He sat on the fireplace with his cheeks in his hands, smiling blissfully. His plans of leaving had obviously changed, now sporting one of Ben's cotton shorts and Nino's Valentino T-shirt that was slightly too big on his frame. Anthony said, "I feel so high right now."

"Ignore him," Nino said, but that didn't stop Anthony.

"Nino Ventura is being so delicate." He full giggled and wiggled around until he was rolling on the floor. "Is he disarming a bomb?" Anthony was asking no one but the ceiling. "No, he's playing doctor with a Feast. My brother, my vampire hating brother, finds the rarest treasure and becomes his sugar daddy. Incredible."

"No one asked for the commentary, Anthony." Grabbing a pillow off the couch, Nino chucked it at his brother's face. As much as a brat Anthony seemed, he did spend the day retracing Ben's steps. He recovered Ben's laptop and bag from the cafe, then even discovered his cracked phone in the park. Ben had a feeling there was more to Anthony than sarcasm and a winning smile. He could've probably found Ben on his own given them time. Ben was just happy it worked out, cracked phone, bludgeoned face, and all. 

He nudged Evie's knee with his and said, "Go take Anthony upstairs. I need to focus."

Lifting her head, Evie revealed her miserable tear-stained face.

"Please," Nino insisted.

Pouting, her eyes welling up again, she whispered to Ben, "Don't leave. Stay home."

She might as well just rip his heart out. Ben grabbed her face in both hands and promised, "I'll be right here. I'll go right upstairs as soon as Nino finishes, okay?"

Evie nodded and hopped up. She helped yank Anthony off the floor, dragging him towards the stairs. As Evie ushered him away, Anthony couldn't help himself, smirking and saying so loud in volume and implications, "Dante is going to be so mad."

"Less talking. More walking," Nino grumbled. He turned Ben's arm, waiting to hear the two go up the stairs. Once Evie's door closed with a click, Nino relaxed his shoulders and he let out a long-tired breath. Though Ben's feelings had grown cold, his heart melted just a little. With his uninjured hand, Ben ruffled the top of Nino's hair.

"Today's almost over." Ben tried to make things lighter. "Then, after this, we get to continue our Barbie movie marathon."

Nino looked up, his eyes heavy. He shook his head, studying Ben. "You really are unbelievable."