Chapter 11: Chuseok

Back to Y/N'a perspective:

The date with Noah turned out better then I expected. Although sushi isn't my favorite, it was edible and I had fun. Noah is super easygoing and chill, that's what I love about him. He was also really direct, unlike Min Ho. Speaking of Min Ho, I've been avoiding him for 3 days now and switched Korean tutors so I wouldn't be with him. He didn't handle it quite well.

*convo 2 days ago*
"Seriously Y/N, you don't have to stoop so low and switch tutors because of this!"

"Yes I do, I don't want to talk to you for another second!"

"Do you hate me that much?" He asked quietly as he pulled me close and looked at me in the eye.

I got lost in his eyes as always and just stared back.

Soon I went back to the present and pushed my self off of him.

"We shouldn't be so close together."

"Right, you have a boyfriend." He said coldly.

"Why are you so confusing?" "I mean, I keep on receiving these signals from you but every time you just deny and deny it!" "I'm sick of it!" I yelled in the library.

"There are no signals."

"Got it." I spoke softly before running out.

"Y/N wait!" He pleaded.

I ignored his voice and continued running, I've had enough.

Ever since that day, he has left me alone. I don't know how I feel about it. On one hand, I was relieved. On the other hand, I was sad that he didn't try harder.

This is what I told him to do. If anything, I should be blaming myself.

"Y/N?"

"Y/N?"

"Huh?"

I went back to the present and I was at the cafeteria sitting next to Noah, Kitty and Q. Mae was busy asking professors for extra credit.

"I asked if you were feeling alright, you've been sort of distant these past few days." Noah said.

"Sorry, I've had a lot going on." I apologized. I spooned up a spoon full of soup and devoured it. It was so good, however not as good as the noodles I had with Min Ho. I wonder where he is? I looked around the room quickly but didn't see him.

"Just let me know if anything's bothering you, okay?"

"Mmhm."

Lunch was over and I quickly ran to chemistry and sat in my spot.

"Good afternoon class, today you and your lab partner will start a new project, planting tomatoes!" Professor Finnerty said cheerfully.

I have to plant with Min Ho? Oh god. It's going to be so awkward and I'm currently ignoring him so now I'm basically forced to talk, great.

"But before that, our very own principal Lim will be telling us about Chuseok, the holiday we celebrate here." "Let's welcome her!"

We all gave her a warm applause as she started explaining the holiday Chuseok. I may not know much about my culture, but I did damn well know this! I used to celebrate annually with my grandma!

We all thanked her as she left and professor continued to give us instructions.

"You and your partner will be planting two types of tomatoes." "One is made in a lab and one is organic." "You will also be observing the differences and similarities between the two types over the next few weeks."