Author's Note

My name is Jasper Goebel, and I'm the author of the book you just read. This was made for a class assignment and has evolved into my first ever finished work. I'm so proud of how far I've come in writing since my humble beginnings as an adolescent, aspiring to be an author and writing crime documentaries with crayons in my great grandmother's guest bedroom.

I'd like to dedicate this book to those who believed in me, and even more so those who didn't. To my teacher who doubted I would be able to write an entire story in under a month; to my mom who doubted my writing ability in the first place.

I'd also like to send an extra thank you to everyone who read this start to finish, and had the mental stability left to read my afterthoughts. This goes out to you.

My last dedications go to myself, or more specifically, to the younger version of myself, who insisted that life was not for me, that I was born to die. That couldn't stop getting themselves in hospitals and sticky situations. Who insisted it was not my place to do anything here on earth, and who was constantly succumbing to the depressing nature of the suicidal thoughts. I finished this for Cadence, to show her that I could do something with my life if I tried. That those psychiatric hospital trips were not in vain; that I was not sitting on a weighted, uncomfortable, puke orange couch waiting to die, but waiting for life to begin.

Thank you. To everyone who has supported me in all of my silly teenage endeavors.

-Jasper