Preface

If this is your first time reading one of my stories then I should let you know that I never claim or make it feel like I'm some - award winning author. I started doing this 'cause it's interesting to think about and fun to cement with words.
   So I feel like I shouldn't say this but there'll be mistakes some sharper eyes will catch. A typo, a misuse of a comma, wrong punctuation, etc., etc.
   With that out of the way, I want to just state something. When it comes to stories, specifically inserts, they're all a dime a dozen. Tough, goofy guy. Shy lady's man. Goofy, tough, shy, lady's man. You get the gist.
   So when it comes to Attack on Titan it's some kid, some prodigy, another titan shifter. There's nothing wrong with it but I feel it's not something me or you would do. No, no we'd be behind the wall farming.
   Instead, what I'm aiming for is something really untouched. I wanted to make something relatable with inspiration sprinkled in to make the final product believable and more grounded. Visceral but also just a teensy bit anime-y.
   Will there be action? No, not really. Will the character be a main character? No, definitely not.
   That brings us to my last point and the last thing I feel I should say. Anime's cool if done right. That's just my personal opinion. I despise fan service and the dozens of tropes or character archetypes that run rampant in modern fiction. The same thing goes for books, comics, manga, movies, etc. But again, if it's done right then they tend to be amazing.
   This is a story that goes out to other men. A sort of dedication. It's about a character, (Yes, a character. It's not based on me nor is it influenced in any way by me.) a man. Who this man is is entirely up to you. He can be pale, tan, or dark. He can have brown hair, black hair, and even orange hair. And yes, I'll be covering them for the sake of immersion.
   This man is a lot like other men nowadays. So as a disclaimer: Things will get sorta heavy. With all that out of the way, we can get right in.

P.S

This is a side project. An escape from my other stories and a relaxing hobby. But it's also a semi-short story. Don't expect a sequel or prequel. It'll start with chapter one and end with the last.