five

Sometimes, I think Father has inhuman strength. He can hit me and leave me unconscious for a day. That's why I don't try to seek help. Everybody will just end up getting hurt. Plus, he's pretty rich; he might bankrupt people he doesn't like.

Sure, Alexander is muscular. He has such a nice body, and hair, and face, and personality...... suddenly I started to daydream about him. He's sooo sexy.

"What the fuck are you thinking about, whore!?" Father growled angrily. My eyes snapped to his, and they were black. "Oh my god..." I whispered faintly. Then, Father stalked towards me and I knew I was in for it. Holy cow what has gotten into me?! I usually don't breathe a word to him and I never look into his eyes. It must be Alexander's bad influence on me! But he makes me feel good...

"Don't you know respect, bitch?" He glared at me before smashing his beer bottle onto my head. I fell onto the ground literally seeing stars as I felt blows to my body. "Why the fucking hell were you late today?!" He demanded.

"D-Detention, sir. I'm sorry, it won't happen again!" I cried out in pain.

"Damn right it won't! Now, I'm feeling happy so imma let you off with just a few broken bones. Thank me you bitch!" He slurred, smirking.

"Y-yes sir. T-Thank you s-sir." I whispered. He smiled slyly in satisfaction and stumbled back to his room. I groaned in pain as I peeled myself off the ground, feeling lucky that tonight's beating was pretty mediocre.

I smiled a little as I thought of seeing Alexander tomorrow. He's really really sexy. Oh shut up Ayla, control yourself because Alexander is probably gonna ditch you the moment he finds out how disgusting you truly are!

I bit my lip sadly. That's true. I got into the shower and endured the pain before lying on the mattress, shivering from the cold night air. Yep, everything I've bought and placed in my room has been removed and father has only given me a flimsy mattress.

-

When I got to school feeling sore all over, I was so not in the mood to talk to Jasper. "Hey Ayla!" He greeted me chirpily. His face fell when his eyes strayed onto my arm. I glanced down, noticing the bruise formed on my arm.

I cursed myself mentally for wearing such a short-sleeved shirt and formed an excuse quickly in my head.

"What happened?" Jasper asked, anger apparent in his eyes. W-what? "I'm sorry why are you angry at me?" I bit my lip. "No I'm not Ayla, now what happened to your arm?"

I blurted out, "I fell down the steps." Shoot I think I replied too quickly. Jasper was staring at me with a look of disbelief on his face. "How many times can you actually fall down the steps in a week?" "Haha uh I'm such a klutz! Yep. That's it!" I laughed nervously, glancing at him from the corner of my eye.

His lips were pursed into a thin line, but he kept quiet. PHEW! Escaped safely again. We entered the classroom and sat together. Suddenly, the chair next to me was pulled out and someone sat down on it. I turned and was met with Alexander's heated glare.

"W-What's wrong?" I squeaked. He looked so intimidating like this. Then I noticed that he was staring straight behind me. Oh. Jasper. I glanced left and right, wondering what had gotten into both of them as they had a stare down.

"A-Anything wrong?" I asked nervously. Alexander's eyes snapped to mine and they softened. "Nothing princess." I frowned a little but turned my attention to the teacher who had just entered.

Suddenly there was a loud growl from my left. Alexander was staring at my face with a murderous look in his eyes. I swallowed, hoping that I had not made him angry. The teacher had obviously heard him but he chose to ignore it, whereas the nosy students turned to look at us. I blushed and lowered my head uncomfortably, fidgeting with my fingers on my lap.

I was aware of how much I needed to see the doctor for my broken bones because I was in so much pain. But there were so many problems that came with a simple trip to the hospital. Firstly, I don't have enough money. I barely even eat. Secondly, the doctors might suspect that something was up. Thirdly, when could I even go without Father noticing and how would I go to the hospital by myself? On foot? Psh, as if. I'd probably die from pain before I even make the 1st km.

I winced in pain as my knee accidentally jostled against the table. "Are you alright?" came whispers from both sides. I whipped my head towards Jasper, then Alexander, wide-eyed.

I nodded my head slowly. Since when did I go from becoming a loser to a girl who got words of concern from two good-looking guys? I mean, I know Jasper is not very popular, but that's because he wears geeky glasses, but he actually has lean muscles and he's pretty cute too! Gah, I'm gonna fail all my classes if I keep getting distracted by my pain. Yep, it's because of the pain. Totally not, say, two hot guys sitting beside me. Absolutely not. I mean, that's ridiculous, right?

-

Class ended pretty quickly. "Ayla, I'm going to the library now, wanna come?" Jasper asked me, smiling softly. "Nah, she's coming with me," Alexander replied rudely and wrapped his arm around my waist. I opened my mouth to respond to Jasper but got pulled away gently by Alexander. I shot him an apologetic look as a consolation.

Alex asked, "Macaroni or burgers?" I went bug-eyed at the thought of eating so much food and the money I had barely saved up. "Uh uh, an apple....?" I said uncertainly. We were at the front of the queue thanks to Alex's shamelessness and without waiting for him to object, I placed my order and grabbed a tray.

"No ma- girl of mine is going to eat that for lunch," Alex protested. I blushed; did he just call me his girl? "I don't really eat much," I said back. Actually, I don't really have a choice.

As we walked through the cafeteria, I heard a few wolf whistles. Umm. I glanced around behind me but saw no one. Beyond confused, I stared at Alex. He looked mad. Tensing up, he said into my ear, "Babe, as much as I like it that people think you're hot, I don't like guys lusting for what's mine."

"Y-Yours?" I whispered uncertainly. He didn't reply, but only gave me a smirk and a husky whisper back, "Soon enough babe, soon enough." I blew air into my cheeks and said nothing.