SNEAK PEEK ; twelve

"Who the hell do you think you are?" Alex growled at Ray, eyes blazing with anger. He pushed Ray's arm off my shoulders and tugged me into his rock-hard chest. "You're mine," he whispered into my ear.

Ray chuckled and teased me, "Ahhh so he's the guy, Ayla!" My face flushed bright red. Alex held me at arm's length and inspected my face. "Have you been talking about me, baby girl?" He smirked.

"N-N-No! Ray!" I protested, giving him the evil eye. Alex raised an eyebrow, and asked suspiciously, "How do you guys know each other?" Instantly, the cheerful mood was killed. I lowered my head sadly. "I'll tell you about it later," Ray said quietly.

"Oh! That reminds me, Zeke is back in town!" Alex grinned. I frowned a little in confusion. "Zeke...?" I trailed off. "My twin brother! Don't tell me you have already forgotten? Ray, you'll meet him soon!" Alex said.

Alex's POV

This is great. I just found out that Zeke found his own mate, so we didn't have to share Ayla after all. He was gone on a business trip after the day he had come over.

I decided to leave school early to sort out the paperwork for the agreement between Ray's pack and mine. To say that I had been reconsidering the agreement was an understatement. My pack didn't need an alliance with any other pack out there. I was going to call it off when I saw Ray and Ayla together, but I guess I'll agree to it. We're almost family after all.

I took out my phone and texted Ray to tell him to meet me at my pack house soon. Speaking of which, I still haven't told Ayla about werewolves yet. Sometimes I feel that if she doesn't know, she will never get pulled into this dangerous world...

I sighed heavily. Tonight, I decided, I would reveal everything to Ayla. I sent another text to Ray; Alpha Ray, tonight, let's tell Ayla about us.

I felt slight pushing against the barrier in my mind; someone wanted to access the mind link. I allowed it to be pushed away and asked in an authoritative voice, "What is it?"

"Alpha, the pack members are causing some trouble with Luna," My Beta, James, panted in a panicked voice.