twelve

"Who the hell do you think you are?" Alex growled at Ray, eyes blazing with anger. He pushed Ray's arm off my shoulders and tugged me into his rock-hard chest. "You're mine," he whispered into my ear.

Ray chuckled and teased me, "Ahhh so he's the guy, Ayla!" My face flushed bright red. Alex held me at arm's length and inspected my face. "Have you been talking about me, baby girl?" He smirked.

"N-N-No! Ray!" I protested, giving him the evil eye. Alex raised an eyebrow, and asked suspiciously, "How do you guys know each other?" Instantly, the cheerful mood was killed. I lowered my head sadly. "I'll tell you about it later," Ray said quietly.

"Oh! That reminds me, Zeke is back in town!" Alex grinned. I frowned a little in confusion. "Zeke...?" I trailed off. "My twin brother! Don't tell me you have already forgotten? Ray, you'll meet him soon!" Alex said.

Alex's POV

This is great. I just found out that Zeke found his own mate, so we didn't have to share Ayla after all. He was gone on a business trip after the day he had come over.

I decided to leave school early to sort out the paperwork for the agreement between Ray's pack and mine. To say that I had been reconsidering the agreement was an understatement. My pack didn't need an alliance with any other pack out there. I was going to call it off when I saw Ray and Ayla together, but I guess I'll agree to it. We're almost family after all.

I took out my phone and texted Ray to tell him to meet me at my pack house soon. Speaking of which, I still haven't told Ayla about werewolves yet. Sometimes I feel that if she doesn't know, she will never get pulled into this dangerous world...

I sighed heavily. Tonight, I decided, I would reveal everything to Ayla. I sent another text to Ray; Alpha Ray, tonight, let's tell Ayla about us.

I felt slight pushing against the barrier in my mind; someone wanted to access the mind link. I allowed it to be pushed away and asked in an authoritative way, "What is it?"

"Alpha, the pack members are causing some trouble with Luna," My Beta, James, panted in a panicked voice.

My eyes blazed in anger. Jumping up, I ran to my car and sped off towards the school. Whoever dared to touch my princess would suffer!

Once I arrived at the school, I could smell Ayla's delicious scent, but it was mixed with fear. I growled, my wolf livid.

I sprinted through the halls, and was just in time to see Fai's arm raised to hit Ayla. I growled loudly as Ayla flinched and pressed herself against the lockers. In a flash, I was in front of her, with Fai's arm tightly wrapped in my fist. Her face paled as she looked at me in fear. My body was still tensed up. Roughly, I released her wrist. "Don't you dare touch her," I hissed.

I felt Ayla's tiny hand on my shoulder and calmed down upon her touch. Without a glance back at the gaping crowd, I wrapped an arm around her and guided her away. "Are you okay?" I frowned. She looked at me in wonder, and asked, "How did you move so quickly? That was really, really cool!" I felt my wolf puff up with happiness.

"Let's go, princess," I said, not wanting Ayla to be around Fai without protection.

Ayla's POV

As we rounded the corner, I saw someone I hadn't seen in a long time. "Jasper!" I gasped, and bounded straight into his open arms. "Where have you been?" My voice was muffled as I buried my face in his shoulder. "I missed you too Ayla, I've been gone on a business trip," Jasper chuckled. Alex growled again from behind me, but made an effort not to break us apart. "Hurry up," he shouted.

I let go of Jasper and smiled at him. His cute glasses were gone, replaced by contacts instead. "I'll see you at school tomorrow!" I called out as Alex pulled me away and brought me to his car. Then, he opened the door for me.

"No touching unless it's me," Alex whined as he revved the engine and started the car, pulling away from the curb. Awww! I burst out into giggles as I stared at this well-defined man with an adorable pout. "Are you jealous?" I teased.

"Yes!" he shouted shamelessly. "Gah, you're so cute," I pinched his cheeks in wonder.

"Cute??" Alex gasped in disbelief. "I'm very badass! The last thing I am is cute!!" he protested. I shook my head at him and laughed. For some reason, Alex made me happy. Ever since he entered my life, everything had gone my way. Would it be paranoid if I felt like this was the calm before a storm?

"Hello? Penny for your thoughts?" Alex waved a hand in front of me. "Nothing," I brushed it off with a smile. "Okay, because I have something I need to tell you," Alex looked worried.

"What is it?" I asked softly. "You know you can tell me anything." I didn't like to see Alex in low spirits. I wanted him to know that he could trust me, just as I believed in him.

"Promise me not to judge?" he said, and for the first time, his eyes leaked vulnerability. "Y-Yes, I promise," I told him earnestly.

He stopped the car at the forest. My eyes widened. W-What... F-Forest... K-Kill... Alex got out of the car and opened my door for me. I gulped, assuring myself that he would not be such a gentleman if he was a murderer.

"C'mon," he said softly, beckoning me into the forest. The chilly air raised goosebumps on my arms. "What are we doing here?" I asked shakily, hiding behind Alex.

He smiled. "I'm going to show you something."

Sorry if this sucked :-( I hope it didn't disappoint you guys sigh.