ten

Alex's POV

I watched as Ayla's eyes slowly started to flutter shut. Her tiny frame was nestled in the bed. She was so delicate and beautiful that it made my heart pang.

I placed the warm blanket over her and her shivering stopped. Suddenly, I sensed a presence behind me. Immediately, I turned around and pounced on him.

My senses went into overdrive as my wolf, still angry from the injuries on Ayla's body, took over. "Who the fuck are you?!" he snarled. I fought with him and regained control. Meanwhile, the man was cowering against the wall. Good.

"U-Uh, I'm Ayla's f-father," he stuttered, not meeting my eyes. I put two and two together and growled out, "Fuck you, are you the one who has been abusing Ayla?!" The silence that ensued told me all that I needed to know. I punched him hard as he fell over onto the ground, clutching his bleeding nose.

"While I'm around, you will NOT touch a hair on Ayla's head. You got me?!" I spat. He nodded meekly and crawled out. I huffed in satisfaction. Glancing around Ayla's room, I realised that it was actually quite bare, and it did not feel like this was her room at all.

I went out, and followed a faint trail of Ayla's scent into a room where a flimsy mattress was on the ground and a piece of cloth was used as a blanket. I growled. Is this where Ayla has been sleeping in?! My chest heaved up and down as I thought of her shivering in the cold night air and her innocent face telling me that it was alright.

I went back into her room. Oh my god, her tank top had slipped up to reveal her soft skin. I tried to stop myself, but I couldn't. I undressed and got into bed with her, stroking her belly button.

Sparks erupted as I touched her tender skin. I didn't want to try anything with her because I knew she wasn't ready for it yet and I couldn't let her regret any of the things she did with me.

I turned her around gently to face me and wrapped a protective arm around her waist, before falling asleep, feeling happy that I knew Ayla was safe in my arms.

Ayla's POV (next day)

I woke up on a soft bed. Feeling confused, I looked around. Oh my god. I haven't prepared Father's breakfast yet and I'm sleeping on the bed in the guest room!

"AYLA YOU FUCKING WHORE WHERE THE FUCK IS MY FUCKING BREAKFAST!?" I heard father yell furiously from somewhere in the house.

I'm screwed.

Suddenly, I noticed that Alex was sleeping beside me! I let out a scream. In an instant, Alex shot up and rolled over, covering my body with his in a plank position.

His whole body was rigid. "What's going on!?" He growled. I gasped from his quick movement. Woah, who in the heck moves so quickly?

He glanced down at me and his eyes softened. "Morning Ayla," he said in a husky voice. I gulped, his voice turned me on.

"U-uh morning," I squeaked. He was still in the same plank position. I frowned a little - wasn't he tired? "Aren't you tired? You can lie back down," I said softly.

Alex smirked and raised an eyebrow at me. "Sorry babe, I have too much muscle for that." I blinked. Oh.

"AYLA! COME DOWN RIGHT NOW OR ELSE I'LL BEAT YOU TILL YOU CAN'T MOVE FOR TWO DAYS!"

I flinched and my breathing became hurried. Oh crap. Alex growled so loudly the house shook. "I'm s-sorry Alex I-I have to go d-down," I shook in fear.

Alex's eyes turned black. No no no he will get mad at me! "P-please," I whispered, tears welling up in my eyes. I was just a few seconds away from getting thrown across the room by father.

He nodded stiffly. I got up quickly and nearly fell onto the ground. "Oww," I gasped for breath. Alex caught me and lifted me onto the bed.

"Hey," he said, concerned. He tried to lift my shirt up. "N-no," I pulled his arm weakly, mind hazy from the pain.

He ignored me and pushed my shirt up. My soft flesh was revealed, covered with cuts and bruises, some of which were still bleeding. Yes, I heal very slowly.

Alex stared at my body furiously, making me grow self-conscious. "AYLA.." I heard a last warning growl from father. I sat up weakly, and used the bedside table as a support to get up.

"I'll be right back," I said apologetically to Alex who still had a murderous look on his face. I limped out and down the stairs.

"Ayla you bitch what the fuck were you doing!?" Father spat angrily and grabbed my delicate waist roughly.

I cried out in pain as many wounds reopened and blood came gushing out, making me light-headed. "S-stop," I gasped.

"A little slut tried to call her fuck buddy to save her last night, huh," Father smirked menacingly. It all came back rushing back to me. So that's why I was in the bed with Alex.

I struggled against his grip, tears streaming down my face. Thunderous footsteps were heard and suddenly Father was punched from behind me. He collapsed onto the ground.

Suddenly I had no more support. I fell backwards weakly from loss of blood into a hard chest.

Arms encircled my waist gently. Alex lowered me down carefully onto the ground before kneeling down in front of Father.

"I meant it," the look on his face was deadly, "hurt Ayla and you will regret it."

Alex beat him up till he went unconscious. And I didn't stop him. I didn't care what Alex did just as long as he wasn't dead.

Alex spat on him in disgust before walking towards me.

"Princess, are you alright?" he whispered lovingly. "Y-you, I-I" I tried to say something. The three words almost spilled from my lips, but they didn't in the end.

I glanced at the clock. It was only 8am. "Can we go to school?" I asked shyly. Alex let out a chuckle. "I have never known anyone who would want to go to school."

I smiled before saying, "Thank you for protecting me, Alex. You're the first one who's ever taken notice of me."

"Of course my princess. I'll be your first in everything," he winked suggestively.

I blushed furiously but at the same time, I couldn't deny the fact that I was slowly,

gradually,

falling in love.