eight

I looked up and our eyes met. In an instant, the whole world stopped. I felt as if I was swimming through a hurricane of nerves as the world suddenly faded in and out of focus. The last thing I heard was Zeke growling, "Mine!" before everything went black.

Alex's POV

Just when Ayla and I had started to discuss about our project, someone mindlinked me. "Bro, I'm coming home! I expect to see you and your mate on the doorstep waiting for me!"

"I can't wait for you to meet her! She's so tiny and cute and innocent, like a little angel!"

Zeke chuckled through the mindlink. "Alright alright hurry up!"

I grabbed Ayla's hand and brought her to the front door. Zeke hardly ever came back to visit the Infinite pack, because he had another pack on the other side of America.

Zeke is an ambitious guy, he challenged the Alpha and got the position some time ago, and now his whole pack respects him.

Zeke arrived on the doorstep and he grinned when he saw me. "Not bad bruh, still got those abs working for you!" I mindlinked him jokingly.

But he was concentrated fully on my princess as he looked her up and down. I had to stop myself from growling. After all, he's my twin brother, he wouldn't take her from me.

Ayla looked up and into Zeke's eyes. A moment passed, before Zeke growled, "Mine!" Wtf? But I was too distracted as my precious mate fell unconscious.

I gasped and since she was right beside me, I caught her before her delicate frame hit the ground.

"HANDS OFF HER! SHE'S MINE!" Zeke growled in anger. I narrowed my eyes, and said calmly but firmly, "Zeke, calm down. Look at her. She's my mate."

His chest heaved up and down raggedly. "She's mine," he whimpered, looking at Ayla longingly. Woah, Zeke has never ever blown up a fuss over a girl before.

"We'll talk about that later. Right now, she's unconscious." I carried her bridal style and sprinted to the pack doctor's office. Zeke followed behind me.

The pack doctor wasn't some old sweet guy, he was a 21 year-old man who was not bad-looking. I gently lowered Ayla onto the bed. She looked so vulnerable and beautiful.

The pack docter whose name was Rome looked over at Ayla, and then his eyes widened. "Is she your mate? She's beautiful..." he whispered.

Zeke and I both growled at the same time. "Firstly, she's MINE," I said, "and secondly, she just fainted, so get on it." Zeke finished off. "Wait sir... she has two mates? Both of you?" He asked curiously. I nodded curtly and motioned towards Ayla.

"Yes Alpha Alex and Alpha Zeke. Permission to touch my Luna?" He said, bowing his head in submission. My wolf, James, growled angrily in my head.

Stupid human, don't let that filthy pup touch our mate! He yelled angrily.

Woah woah chill James, it's alright. He's going to make her better, see? I coaxed him like I would a puppy.

I can hear you Alex! He sent me a mental image of him whining.

I watched as Rome walked over to Ayla and pushed her shirt up, revealing her flat stomach covered with bruises and scars. My eyes widened in horror. I watched as Zeke stepped forward slowly and placed his hand on her stomach, tracing her scars and touching her cuts.

I was too angry to be possessive. Someone had hurt her and he was going to pay.

Zeke stormed off in a fit of anger. Moments later, I heard his sad howl echo through the air. As both of our packs shared a special bond, both of us were Alphas of the Infinite and the Moon pack.

The whole pack howled together, mourning with Zeke. Rome interrupted uncomfortably, "Er Alpha Alex, Luna probably fainted due to the overwhelming senses of having two mates. She should be awake any moment now." Rome bowed to me respectfully and left.

I stared at Ayla's sleeping figure. How could anyone be so cruel to hurt such a tiny angel? Ayla had such a pure mind and the innocence of a little child. The way she puffed out her cheeks, bit her lip, brushed her hair out of her face, blushed, and-

Stop lusting over her Alex! We have to find out who has been hurting her! James nudged me in my mind. That changed my whole mood as I felt my eyes turning black.

Just at that moment, Ayla's eyes fluttered open and she saw me looking at her. "W-Where am I?" She asked softly. I continued to stare at her injured stomach.

A cute frown graced her face as her eyes slowly travelled from me to her bare stomach. Immediately, her face paled and she snatched her shirt back down.

I growled in absolute fury upon seeing how frightened she was. "D-Don't hurt me please! I-I"ll do whatever y-you say! P-Please! I'm sorry!" She stuttered out, her head bowed. I saw a tear slide down her cheek.

I tried to approach her but she curled herself into a protective position, knees up and head buried, pressing herself into the wall so much until she squeaked out from pain.

"Shh baby, I won't hurt you. Shhh, it's me, Alex. Remember? The hot guy at school who got you into detention?" I consoled her.

She lifted her head a little and looked at me with wide, tear-filled eyes. My heart broke a little. She looked so vulnerable and hurt.

I was by her side in a flash and I lifted her up into my chest as she sniffled and her tiny body shook.

"Who is it?" I asked again gently. "I-I can't t-tell you, i-it will g-get w-worse," she said softly.

My eyes became black again and I felt my whole body shake. Someone was hurting my princess to the extent that she was afraid of telling anyone.

"Hugh...hugh.." I heard desperate gasps of breaths and realised that it was Ayla. She had ripped herself out of my grip and onto the bed. She held her chest tightly as her eyes were wide and staring into space, struggling to breathe.

"Shit princess shit what the fuck is going on!?" I screamed in frustration, feeling utterly helpless that I couldn't help my angel.

Suddenly, the door burst open. "Ayla is awake?! She's awake?" Zeke rushed in frantically. He relaxed slightly upon seeing Ayla.

However, he noticed the state that she was in and his eyes softened in sadness. "Oh no baby..." he whispered. He rushed over and cradled her.

Ayla placed one hand on his chest, not having enough energy to actually push him away. I walked over. "That's enough, let her rest," I said.

She nodded frantically and slowly calmed down. "S-Sorry, I get panic a-attacks sometimes," she bit her lip and let her glossy hair cover her face.

My heart broke again. My precious mate was suffering silently but she refused to tell us anything. I decided not to prod. But I will find out. Soon.

And then, I'm going to destroy the fucker.