Fever

Birds were fluttering outside of Jackie's big, open spaced windows. Chirp after chirp covering up anybody who was snoring. It was 9;00 a.m, now Saturday.

The slow rising of Lottie's chest kept Nat at peace, which is ironic, because it is also what woke her up.

'Where the hell am I..?'  Natalie grunted, still lying down. The blonde began to yawn, but it was muffled by... 'Woooah.. holy fucking shit! why the fuck am I sleeping in Lottie goddamn Matthews tits?' Natalie shoved herself upwards, astonished. "Right.. Jackie's house.." Nat whispered to herself, sitting beside Lottie.

'Did something happen between me and Lottie? I guess I remember us... kissing, maybe? But what if it was just a dream? shiiit..' Natalie babbled in her mind, covering her mouth whilst sighing.

Nat wondered her way into the kitchen, foraging through the cupboards to find a glass so she could drink some water. "Hmm.. oh, hey Nat." A sleepy voice called out behind Natalie. "Huh? Oh. Hi Shauna."

The two girls sat side by side at an island table, it was silent for what felt like forever, it seemed the both of them were too tired to speak.

"Sooo.. you and Lottie?" Shauna chirped, sipping on her freshly made coffee. "Pff, no, no I don't think so.." Natalie exhaled softly. "Really? The two of you were outside with each other for like.. half and hour last night, right?" Shauna argued, tilting her head. "Yeah, we were. But, to be fair I don't remember jack shit that happened, at least I don't think I do." Nat smiled, feeling a little embarrassed. "Ah, well that makes sense... you're probably just really hungover." "Yeah, probably."

Natalie wasn't sure if she should leave Lottie at Jackie's, or if she should wait until Lottie woke up.

She left. 'I'm sure Lot will be fine by herself.' Nat walked the whole way back to the dorm room building by her school, she didn't want to burden Shauna with taking her back.

When Natalie got back to her room she was alone, Van hadn't shown up yet. The girl kicked her shoes off and threw herself onto her bed. 'Shauna has a point... are me and Lottie a thing? it'd be weird to just ask her what happened last night.., so I guess i'll just wait till she says something.' Nat sat up from her bed, and lit a candle.

The weekend was slow, yet so steady. All Nat did was lay around, she couldn't seem to get out of bed. Natalie was happy that she had Van to talk to though, the two of them ranted about Taissa and Lottie, and the party.

It was Monday again, Nat was now going to have to see Lottie against her will. Normally, Nat wouldn't mind, but she was still worried about what had happened at Jackie's party. She wasn't sure if what she thinks happened, actually happened.

Natalie's eyes diverted around her classroom, making sure Lottie wasn't going to sneak up on her. Eventually, the halfway point of class hit, Lottie however, hasn't showed up yet.

Class was now over, but Lottie never showed up. Nat wasn't necessarily worried though, I mean, she was probably just sick or something.

The day passed slowly, Natalie wanted to melt into her bedsheets by the end of it. Van had to drag Nat back to their dorm room by her backpack. "Jesus Nat, could you just... ya know.. walk? at least pick up the pace!" Nat stayed silent. "Scattorciooo..! Can't you just like, teleport us or some shit?" Van complained. "No, i'm not that far in my magic yet." Nat hissed. "What.. Really? Misty can teleport?" Van argued, "Yeah, well Misty is a big ass nerd." Nat rolled her head back, sighing.

When the two girls had made it back to their dorm, they both went straight to the couch.

"Family Feud is on, how about that?" Van asked, clicking through channels. "Uh, honestly sure, why not." Nat shrugged.

Half of the episode had passed by now, and Natalie had just received a call.

Nat
Lottie?

Lottie
Hey, Nat. I was wondering if you could come over. I'm not feeling that well.

Nat
Oh, yeah I can. Is that why you didn't show up to classes today?

Lottie
Yeah, I have a fever and Tai begged me to just stay in my room.

Nat
Hah, well that's good I guess. I'll see you in 5.

Lottie
Alrighty... Thanks, Natalie. Bye.

Nat
Yeah, no problem, bye

"Was that Lot?" Van peered over Nat's shoulder, trying to look at her phone. "Yeah, she said she wanted to see me, she's sick." Natalie replied, flicking Van on the nose so she would back up a bit. "Jeez you're so snappy." Van rolled her eyes, "And, Lottie asked for you? Not like... Laura Lee or something? Shauna even?" Van pondered. "What, you think i'm a bad person?" Natalie huffed, smiling a bit. "I never said that! But, anyways go see your girlfriend." Van rolled her eyes, "Fuck off!" Natalie chuckled, pushing Van's shoulder.

Lottie was the one to open the door for Natalie. "Hey lot. Uh, shouldn't you be in bed?" Nat asked, hugging her. "Mm, Tai is hanging out with Akilah and Mari right now." Lottie responded, "Thanks for coming over though, I was getting lonely." Lottie smiled, she had a soft look in her face, and her skin was hot. "Yeah, don't worry about it Lot." Natalie smiled, her cheeks turning a flushed red.

The two were sitting on Lottie's bed, trying to find a movie to watch on Netflix. Lottie had a small TV sitting in a shelf in front of her bed. Her bed, smelt like lilac. It had a pretty flower covered duvet, and soft pillows. There were pages and pages of poems along her walls, as well as newspaper cut outs and vinyl covers. There were vines along her windowsill and closet. A bunch of white and pink tulips in a clear vase on her small bedside table, right next to a rose scented candle, and a salt lamp. Lottie Matthews room was the epitome of a sweet, shy, and soft feeling girl. Lottie, was not exactly that, in fact, she was not that at all, but it still managed to work out for Lottie.

"How about Puss in Boots?" Lottie chimed. "Pfft, I mean, if you want?" Natalie smiled, tilting her head a bit. "Well then, I guess Puss in Boots." Lottie cheered a bit, falling back onto her bed. Natalie stayed sitting up, criss-cross apple sauce style, after a while she began to get a bit uncomfortable.

"Um.. Natalie?" Lottie hummed, "Yes?" There was a small pause, "You can lay down if you want, there's enough room." Lottie patted the pillow next to her. "Uh, no no, it's okay." Nat shook her head . "Please? you look uncomfy." Nat looked into Lottie's pleading eyes, eventually succumbing to them. "Alright.. If you say so."

Nat was now shoulder to shoulder with Lottie, in her bed. For some reason, it didn't feel to wrong, but Nat did feel vulnerable. Maybe it was because what she thinks happened at the party, actually did happen?

"Uh.. hey, Lot?" Natalie turned her head to face the girl. "...Lottie?" Lottie had fallen asleep, her head rested on Nat's shoulder. "Ah shit.." Nat whispered beneath her breath, slumping down into the covers so the both of them could both be comfortable. Natalie felt like she couldn't move, like when a cat falls asleep on you. So, she didn't. Natalie stayed put, making sure Lottie was comfortable every few seconds. Natalie's heart felt full, like it had just been in a day long quest and gotten a special item, or like she had just saved a hurt puppy.

An hour had passed, now Nat had also fallen asleep. Lottie started to spoon Nat in her sleep. The two looked like a couple that had been together for years, and Nat was okay with that. She felt safe, like nothing could hurt her. She was safe.