Butterflies

It was suddenly the middle of the night, Lottie had awoken in a cold sweat, jolting up from her original sleeping position. She had a nightmare. Having nightmares wasn't unusual for Lottie, but this one seemed to be on the harsher side.

"Oh fuck.." Lottie had whispered lightly, her voice cracking. It took Lottie a second to realize that Natalie had been laying down by her, curled up like a baby. 'Shit... I guess she fell asleep just like I did. She has to go to her classes tomorrow.' Lottie groaned, looking down at Nat. The blondes cheeks were a light pink, her hair messy and sporadic. Lottie found it cute, amusing even.

"Ok well.. she's gonna have to stay here now." Lottie mumbled, slowly lurking back down into the covers, trying to get settled. Throughout all the rustling, Nat had been woken up.

"What... the fuck..?" She stretched sleepily, rubbing her eyes. "Shit- sorry Nat, I didn't mean to wake you up."Lottie sighed, turning to face Natalie. "Lot? fuck did we fall asleep?" Natalie asked, a bit concerned, "Uh, yeah we did." Lottie replied. "Goddamnit, Van's gonna kill my ass for not telling her." Nat sighed. "Pfft.." Lottie covered her mouth, struggling not to laugh, "What's so funny?" Nat furrowed her brows. "How nice of Van." Lot chuckled, "I mean, she's great at keeping and eye on you, sleepy head." Lottie nudged. "Dude you fucking fell asleep before me!" Nat squeaked, waving her hands in the air. "Yeah but.. You just fit the name more." Lottie shrugged, "You're such an asshole, god i'm gonna start calling you princess or some shit." Natalie rolled her eyes, turning away from lottie.

It was silent for a few minutes, Nat had her back to Lottie the whole time.

"Hey.. Lot?" Nat whispered, a nervous tone in her voice, "Hmm?" Lottie hummed. "What uh.. what happened at Jackie's party? like when we went out on the porch." Lottie paused, a bit dumbfounded. "You don't remember?" The tall girl giggled. "Well I think I do, but i'm not sure if it was a dream or.. or not." Nat turned back around to face Lottie once again. "Well if it was dream, you dreamt about us kissing." Lottie smiled, having a stupid look on her face, "Which all things considered, is pretty pervy Scattorcio." Lottie had a muffled laugh, hiding her smile in blankets. Nat's face was red, but it only took her a few seconds to realize what that meant. "So.. we did kiss?" Nat pondered. "Mhm. twice, I think." Lottie said, bringing her hand up to Natalie's face, and rubbing her thumb down Nat's jawline.

Nat wasn't really able to muster a word for a bit. Eventually she was able to stutter out some words for Lottie to understand. "S-so.. like uh.. are we.. together.. or something..?" Natalie's head was spinning, her cheeks rosy red. "Pfft, I guess, If you want we can." Lottie replied, "Oh.. uhm.. i'm not sure if i'm ready for.. something that deep yet.. y-you know?" Nat said, her voice shaky and nervous. "It's alright, Natalie. I can wait, and I hope that we can move further.. and all that sappy shit." Lottie smiled, kissing Nat on the nose. "Thank you Lot. You're amazing, really." The two smiled at each other, falling back asleep whilst holding on to one another.

The sun had rose up completely, Lottie and Nat  still cradled up together.

It was 10:00 a.m., classes had already started a few hours ago, but Nat was still asleep in Lottie's bed. Lot figured that Nat would just have to skip out on classes for the day.

Lottie sighed, leaning over her small kitchen counter as coffee brewed beside her. 'Jeez... Natalie sure sleeps in.' Lottie smiled softly to herself, swirling a spoon in her freshly brewed cup.

Another 30 minutes had passed, Lottie was lying on her back, sprawled out on her couch when she heard the slight creak of her bedroom door.

"Hm? Nat, is that you?" Lottie perked up, looking down the hall. "G'morning Lot.." Nat mumbled, stumbling over to the couch. "You're late to your classes. You just gonna skip?" Lottie asked, "Ah.. yeah, shit. I guess I might." Natalie hunched over, falling onto the couch. Lottie giggled. "..Do you want a coffee?" The tall brunette asked, dragging her fingers through Nat's hair. "No.. I'm okay, thank you though." The blonde smiled, yawning.

The day went by peaceful, and it was suddenly afternoon. "Have you talked to Van yet?" Lottie asked, picking at her fangs, "Erruuh, no not yet. I'm kinda just waiting for her to get mad at me." Nat shrugged, sprawled out on the floor. "Alright. Well i'm gonna be ordering food soon." Lottie hummed. "Pff, what're you gonna order, Lot?" Nat squinted, looking up at the girl. "Uh, wings probably, why?" Lottie raised a brow. "Dunno, I was expecting a blood dono or sum thing." Nat rolled her eyes, "Oh how mature." Lottie smiled, "It'll be your blood soon." Lottie giggled. "See, now that just seems like a threat." Nat shot back, "Not kinky vampire shit." Natalie chuckled. "Kinky is a strong word, but you like it." Lottie smirked. "How would you know?!" Nat frowned, "You have a thing for me, obviouslyyy you like that i'm a vamp." Lottie teased.

It was soon the end of the day, Lottie and Nat had eaten dinner together, and soon after Van came knocking down Lottie's door to collect her roommate. Nat and Lot both had butterflies, that was the new norm whenever they were with each other. It was sweet.

________________________________________________________________

Hi! sorry for not updating in a while and stuff, i've been busy lately and i've had no idea how to finish off this chapter. It's a bit shorter then a lot of the others as well, but I wasn't sure if i was gonna be able to put much more into it with writer's block.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed ^_^