Chapter 3

"Are you sure you want to do this, Ginny?"

I was standing at the front door of the Potters' cottage, my coat on and looking casual. Today was the day I had to go get Hermione, Ron, Luna, Neville, and Harry from my time. Lily was standing in front of me, looking worried. James had gone to put Harry down for a nap, right after wishing me luck.

"Of course I do," I said determinedly. "We won't be able to do this on our own, anyway."

"But I'm worried!" she said, a little hysterically. "What if you can't get back?"

"I'm a little more worried about the wrath of my boyfriend than getting back." I grinned "He's kind of protective. Lils, I'll be here in an hour or two, don't worry. I promise. Just know that Harry might be... a bit... freaked at first, okay?"

She smiled. "I know. I figured he would be. You can just let yourselfs in when you get them."

I smiled back, then left.

But I couldn't help feeling like that would be the last time I saw the Potters.

*

I sucked in a breath, worrying Harry might be mad with me as I turned the key to my house and gently pushed the door open. The lights were on, and I could tell a fire was burning in the fireplace.

"Harry?" I called, closing the door and taking a few steps into the house. "I'm back!"

"Mummy!"

Harry's godson, Ted Lupin (who was three), ran into the living room and hugged my legs.

"Hello, Teddy Bear!" I greeted, smiling and picking him up.

Teddy was a Metamorphegus, just like his mother, Tonks. He had taken a liking to having his hair a shade of bright turquoise, and baby blue eyes. Harry and I had been taking care of him sense he was a year old, so he thought we were his parents, and he still wasn't old enouth to understand we weren't.

"Where's Daddy?" I asked him.

I put Teddy down.

"There," he told me, pointing to the kitchen.

"Ted, why don't you go play and I'll talk to Daddy?"

"Okay!" He ran off somewhere, probably to his room.

"Harry, I'm sorry," I said as I walked into the kitchen. "I really didn't mean to -"

But before I knew it, Harry's arms were around me and he was whispering into my ear. My heart almost broke; it sounded like he had been crying before.

"Ginervra Molly Weasley, you scared the Merlin out of me," he whispered, kissing my hair. "Hermione told me where you went. Her Time-Turner was missing."

"Harry, I -" My voice broke. Sudden tears filled my eyes, and I held him tightly. "I'm sorry for scaring you."

He pulled away a bit and took my face between his hands. His eyes were a bit red, so he had been crying.

"Just don't ever do that to me again, alright, Love?" he asked quietly.

I nodded right away. "I won't, I promise."

I raised my had and touched his face gently with my fingers. "Why were you crying, my sweet?"

"I thought I lost you," Harry whispered, his green eyes glazed with tears. "I thought you went to before... I thought you liked it better without me."

I shook my head. "Love, did you even read my letter? I love you. You're everything to me, Harry! I want you to be happy, that's why I went. I would never leave you forever."