Chaper 5

Harry's POV

Ginny was starting to worry me. She stayed up late with Hermione and Lily 'planning,' and was always exhausted. Luna even found her passed out on the table one morning.

I figured she was stressed out a bit. It was October twentieth, and everyone was jumpy... especially my parents.

That night, I had just put Teddy to bed. As usual, Ron, Neville, Luna and James were already sleeping, as well as the mini-me (I call myself that).

Lily, Hermione, and Ginny were in the kitchen, chatting urgently about how it would go.

I walked down the stairs like I did every night to remind them to sleep. As soon as I entered the room, they went quiet.

"Yes?" Hermione sighed at me.

"You need to sleep," I said, putting on a stern expression.

"We NEED to plan this," said Ginny, "or it won't go right!"

"You've been doing this all week!" I argued. "Look at yourselves!"

I waved my hand at Ginny, who had dark circles under her eyes.

"I'm perfectly fine," Ginny insisted. "Really, Harry, we're just -"

"- going to faint from exhaustion!" I said angrily. "Seriously, you guys! You can get a few nights of rest once and awhile! You've gone over the plan every night now, I think you've got it! Admit it, you're tired!"

"I'm tired," Lily said exasperatedly, getting up. "And I'm going to bed. I need to talk to James anyway... G'night, guys." She left, yawning.

"Ginny, you need your sleep," I said, looking right into her eyes. "No offense, but you look horrible."

"I'm going too," Hermione said. "Night."

"G'night," Ginny and I said at once.

"I'm sorry," Ginny blurted. "I'm just trying to... I don't want anything to go wrong!"

"And nothing will," I assured her, pulling her up from her seat and hugging her. "Because you're brilliant," I whispered into her ear.

She shook her head and kissed my temple. "Let's just go... I am a bit tired."

"Really?" I asked sarcastically. "I would've never guessed."

*

"What d'you suppose your mother wanted to 'talk' to James about?"

Ginny sighed as she sat on the bed, fluffing her pillow out. I was already laying down, my hands behind my head.

"I don't know," I replied, giving my girlfriend a grin. "Why would you ask me that question?"

She snuggled into me, her head laying on my chest and her arms around me. I brought my hands down to hold her and stroke her hair while I kissed the top of her head.

"I don't know either," she murmured. Then she sighed. "I love you, Harry."

"I love you," I whispered.

And then we were asleep.

*

Ginny's POV

I woke up when the sun hit my eyes. Yawning and rubbing my eyes, I stretched as I sat up.

Harry wasn't there. I expected he was downstairs by the quiet talking I faintly heard.

I got up, pulled on shorts and a t-shirt, and brushed my hair.