Chapter 8

Ginny's POV

It was October 30th, a day before the attack. We're still not ceartin Voldemort will go on with his plan, but just to be safe we're leaving baby Harry and Teddy with my younger parents, and Ted will probably do anything to stay with us.

"Mummy, please!" he whined, holding onto my leg. "I promise I'll be good! I promise, Mummy -"

"No, Ted, I told you, Daddy and Ron are doing work here!" I said exasperatedly.

"Please Mummy! Daddy said -"

"Well Daddy was wrong! You are going away for today, period! Look, sweetie, it's only for today, and if you don't go, who will keep baby Harry company?"

Sirius, Remus, and James watched us, amused, from the doorway.

"But I want you to come with me!" Teddy pleaded.

I sighed. Harry had tried to convince me to stay behind, but I wouldn't. "Sorry, Teddy Bear, I have to make sure Daddy doesn't hurt himself doing a dangerous spell."

"Auntie Hermione can for you!" said Teddy. "And Auntie Lily! Mummy, please!"

"Aww, go with Ted, Gin!" Sirius said, walking in. "C'mon, look at him! LOOK AT HIS EYES."

Teddy was looking up at me with huge, watery blue eyes, and his bottom lip was sticking out and slightly quivering. I looked back up at Sirius and whispered, "I will kill you later."

"Please Mummy?" Teddy asked.

"If you let go of my leg, I will think about it."

"YAY!" Teddy let go of me, looking happy. "Imma tell Auntie Hermione she has to watch Daddy, or else she'll forget."

He ran out of the room, calling for "Auntie Hermione."

"See, that wasn't so hard!" James parts me on the back. "He's an adorable kid, Teddy is. Nymphadora did a good job... if only you'd tell us who the father was!"

"I didn't tell you?" I acted innocent. "Oh... I suppose if you don't make a fuss about it... Nah, I'll tell you some other time."

"You know, speaking of mothers and fathers," said Sirius, "I think Ginny and Harry should be getting to that stage soon, am I right?"

I choked on the air I was currently trying to breathe in. "Bloody hell, no!"

"I'm just saying! You have Ted already, and are living together, and stuff..."

"Oh lay of her, Padfoot," said Remus, but he was grinning.

"For your information, I heard that whole conversation, and I'm greatly disturbed." My boyfriend walked into the living room and sat down on the couch next to me. "And what is Ted telling me about you staying with him?"

"He made me," I said. "He used his eyes on me. So I guess I'll just go over there with him and your little baby self, while... while you guys do the plan..."

I didn't want to leave. I didn't want to not be there for Harry, or not be there for James an Lily when I was the first ones there for them. I helped with the plan, I helped with it all, but there was no way I would get Teddy to go without me. I can hardly make it to Diagon Ally to get one thing without him coming with me.

I guess he just loves me too much.

I sighed. "But you guys will figure it out without me."

"Hey, at least you're going to be safe," said Harry. "You and Ted and Mum and me will be okay, and we will too. This'll work, all of your plans work."