Chapter 9

Harry's POV

My dad, Sirius, Remus, Ron, Neville and I were sitting in the living room whle the girls talked in the kitchen. I didn't act like it, but realy wanted for Ginny to be there with me, but at the same time was glad she was away and safe. The last thing I wanted was for Ginny to be hurt because of me - No, she was better off with Teddy and Mum.

"So we know half the mystery," Sirius began, looking over at me, "but what we don't know is who on Earth is poor little Teddy's daddy?"

"Yeah," said Dad, "who's Nymphie's man, Harry?"

"Oh God," I said, grinning. "Um... Can you guess? I mean, I can see him in Teddy a lot, can't you, Ron?"

"Oh yeah," Ron agreed, nodding. "Spitting image of him, except the whole Metamorphagus thing."

"I can't say, I never really knew him," said Neville. "Ted's dad. Except for our third year when he taught at Hogwarts - best teacher ever."

"Give us a last name," Remus urged, "so we can congratulate the bloke."

Harry shook his head and shared knowing looks with Neville and Ron. "That'll be way too obvious, Moony."

"Lemme guess!" Sirius exclaimed. "Okay... Snape!"

"Merlin here we go," Ron muttered under his breath. "No, it's not Snape."

"I wonder if my girlfriend would approve of us just telling you," Harry mused.

"I dunno Harry, we wouldn't want to anger Ginny," Neville said, playing along and grinning.

"You're right, Neville... Hmm..."

Just then we heard a screetch and pecking at the window. I got up, realized it was an owl, and the letter was adressed to me.

"What a counsedence, it's from Ginny." I sat back down, opening the letter and reading it.

I heard Sirius whisper, "I love how he already knows it's from her before he even opens it..."

I found a piece of parchment and Muggle pen lying around and began to write a response while everyone else talked amongst themselves about who they thought Ted's dad was (Ron and Neville looking on, amused).

Ginny,

Everyone's just sitting around. Nothing serious has happened, and I'm beginning to think we're going to be fine over here.
I really wish you were here nonetheless. The Maradures want to know who Ted's dad is - should I just tell them? They'll find out anyway, and Remus will be obliviated before we move on. I'm not going to tell them if you don't want me too. It's no wonder the twins and Ted get along so well - George absoloutly adores him, and I'm sure Fred will too. Speaking of Ted; hug him for me, will you?
I'll try to soften Ron up a bit, but if I can't I'll get Hermione to no problem. I agree, he is a git for doing this, but don't take it out on him much. He's just scared like we all are. He'll apologise, I promise.
I'll try not to be an idiot and do something that will get myself hurt. I promise.
Say hello to everyone for me.

Love you so much.
Harry

I sent it back and said, "If she says I can, I'm telling you who Ted's dad is..."

"Such a good boy, asking permission first!" Sirius wiped away fake tears. "I must've been a great godfather to you, teaching you everything I know..."

"Shut your face, Padfoot..." James jumped up, looking stern, and took his wand out. "Did you hear that?"

Hermione came busting in a second later with her wand, followed by Luna. "Was that you guys?"

"What?" I stood up and drew my wand, as did everyone else.

"I heard it too, it wasn't us," James said.

"What was it?" Remus asked.

"Someone in the yard."

"Maybe it was the owl."

"No, I don't th-"

There was a loud CRASH!

"Stupefy!" I shot the hex as soon as soon as the cloaked person entered, and was taken by surprise at all the people against him, but was able to deflect the spell anyway.

He immedietly rounded on me. "Aveada Ked-"

James pushed me aside and yelled, "Expelliarmus!"

Voldemort was blown into the wall, but didn't lose his wand.

"Nerosepticalmente!" Luna said a spell towards Voldemort no one but she knew, and he was suddnly lost in a purpley pink puff of smoke.

And then someone grabbed me and we Apparated away.

*

Ginny's POV

I was in the living room with Lily and my mum, talking. Teddy was curled up in my lap, asleep. I had just gotten Harry's letter and felt relieved that they were okay, and was reaching for a parchment to respond when -

CRACK!

"Harry!" I shreiked, making Teddy jump up from my lap and rub his eyes drowsily as I sprang up to hug him. 

"What happened?" Lily asked suddenly.

"We have to go, now," James said, wrapping an arm around her waist. "We have to do this quick... Go get Harry, we have to do the spell to give him protection, and then obliviate some people..."

"Voldemort's on to us," Harry said to me as Lily left quickly.

"But your letter -"

"He came right after I sent it."

"Oh my God..."

Teddy yawned, "What happened?"

Harry walked over to him and scooped him up. "Nothing, Ted... Hey, we're almost ready to go home, we just have to finnish our job, okay?"

Teddy nodded and promptly fell asleep in Harry's arms again.

"I already did the spell to make Voldemort think he killed James and Lily," Luna said dreamily. "And whoever goes there will get the effects as well."

"Good," I said.

Lily came back down with a sleeping baby Harry, and Hermione was the one who was usherd to do the spell. She whisperd something, and that's when the lightening bolt scar appeared on his head.

"Before I get obliviated," Sirius said, "I want to know who Ted's father is."

Harry and I shared a look, and I shrugged, so Harry said, "Remus is Ted's dad."

Sirius and James looked at Remus so creepily, and the werewolf blushed head to toe.

"CONGRATS!" Sirius exclaimed.

Hugs were passed around.

"Sorry I have to do this to you, guys." Lily pionted her wand at Remus and whispered, "Obliviate."

*

Natrually, Lily felt horrible leaving her child in the deserted house, but she understood it was vital to his future. So she did very reluctantly, putting him to bed in the crib.

"You have the Time-Turner?" Harry asked me softly. He was still carrying Teddy.

I nodded. I had tears in my eyes; I hadn't meant for it to happen this fast. I reached into my jacket pocket and retreifed the golden key chain.

"We will be appearing right to the Ministry," I told them. "So as soon as we get there we'll have to take action. To freeze time we'll shout the incantation, and everyone except us and Sirius will be frozen. Are you ready?"

"Ginny," said James, "I have been ready."

I grinned at everyone.