12

POV: LEAH

I was back awake and I slept through the rest of the night. I was getting myself ready to go downstairs to eat breakfast when I heard a knock on the door. I also heard a lot of rumbling but by the time I opened it, there was no one. I really don't like this. First they act like they respect my wishes and now they're playing games with me.

I went downstairs, and again everybody was watching me. I just chose my food and sat down at the same table as yesterday. And just like yesterday, nobody joined me. I think Carli had a talk with them to let me be until I'm ready.

By the time I was done, it was almost time for training. I left the mess hall and went back to my room. I got my training stuff and went back down. We went out on the field and we were just waiting until Jill was here.

"Did you sleep okay?"

"Hey Carli, I slept just fine, thank you", I'm happy she cares about the 'present me', not the 'me' that was gone for two months.

"I heard that there was a little, well, incident?"

Oh. Well, that's not my problem.

"It's fine Carli, I think she is just having a hard time with all of this and I'm not making it easy for her by not talking about it", I told her

"About that, do you maybe want to come to my room after this, so we can, you know, catch up and everything?", she said

"I don't know", I was uncomfortable and I think she noticed

"Just think about it, okay? It would be just the two of us, no Ash or Alex or anybody else"

Maybe I should, or at least consider it. It would be nice to talk about it with someone who I trust. Not that there are many left who I trust, thanks Ashlyn!

"Okay girls, gather around!", Jill shouted, time for some practice

"I'll think about it", I called after her. She smiled back at me and nodded.

Jill went on and explained all the drills we would be working on today.

Okay. These drills are not that hard. I aced the first two but I had a harder time with the next one. We had to run ten meters and then shoot a ball with a curve towards goal. The goalkeepers would then swich to try and keep it out. Of course I had Ashlyn.

I ran and shot my ball with a beautiful curve but just at the last minute it was bent right into Ashlyns hands. She snickered and rolled the ball back out again.

"Try again, kid", she called out. I was getting agitated but I tried again. I ran once more and shot the ball towards goal. Only this time, it was a top corner goal at a record speed. She didn't even jump, she just stood there and watched.

This time it was my turn to snicker and I turned around. The line behind me was also shocked about how hard that shot was. I went to the back of it and Carli stood before me.

"You always shoot that hard or have goalkeepers an effect on that?", she said

I couldn't help but laugh at that. The sound of my laugh drew some attention, because it had been a while since I last laughed, especially around these girls.

We finished practice and went back inside. I succesfully ignored Alex and Ashlyn besides that one time. Alex did try to talk to me one more time but I called a break to drink some water so she couldn't.

POV: ASHLYN

Damn it, that kid has some talent. She showed us all what she could do, and even Jill looked impressed. I was very proud but at the same time annoyed because she made me look bad.

I still want to talk to her, I need to apologise.

"Hey Carli, I know you have been talking to Leah, do you know why she ignores the rest of us?", I asked our chief on the field.

"Look Ash, I don't know what happened between you guys but she's not ready, she'll tell you when she is. You can't push her, she needs time"

I hate that she is right.

"You're right, damn it"

"Of course I'm right, look, I'll try to talk to her about you guys okay? Maybe she will see how much you guys miss each other", she told me. Oh my she is such a sweet person.

"Thanks Carli, I appreciate that"

"Sure"

POV: LEAH

I was just chilling in my room when I realized it's probably for the best if I go to Carli's. I jumped out of bed and made my way to her room. I knocked and not even five seconds later, she opened her door.

"Hi Carli, still want to talk?"