Forced Marriage

This one is rather different, okay?
And no, it doesn't relate to the other 'Arranged Marriage' one-shots.

This is a royal AU (again)
Enjoy

Yall want a part 2 but with a happy ending-?
______________________________________
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

And that was it..he was married..
Or rather they were married; Cross and Nightmare..

It was forced upon them by the higher ups that they marry for - whatever the reason was, they didn't give Cross much Intel on why.

And despite desperately pleading to know the answer or begging to know why he was chosen, they didn't pay much mind to him.

And so...he was Married to the Lord of Darkness, how fun..

They did what they were supposed to do when they got married, they put on fake smiles, acting as if they were happy to be together and having others throw them a party, and they consummated the marriage just to get it over with.

But deep down, they don't feel happy, but the public doesn't know that. After all, they have been pretty good at keeping up they act for months now.

But only a few monsters seemed to know how it is behind close doors, and those monsters were those that personally served both Nightmare and Cross.
.
.
.
.

Cross was sitting in bed. Thankfully, he had his own room and didn't sleep with Nightmare. It's not like he wanted to anyways. The other was rude and selfish, and he treated Cross like some sort of doormat. Night behaved as if Cross wasn't even in the castle with him and the only time they ever said anything to eachother was when they had to be seen in public or if they had affairs too run. 

Cross sighed, he didn't want to get up but he knew he had to, so he did and went straight to the bathroom to bathe and wash off those tear marks from last night.

Yes, he cried, and it was usually from pent-up anger and frustration, stress and sadness. All these really took a toll on Cross' mental health.

Finally he finished and left his room after changing, ready for todays endeavors. There, he met with his personal maid, Lust. Who wore an attire similar to that of a butler.

One of the few who knew about Cross' problems.

"Good morning, your Majesty."
Greeted the servant.

"Morning.."
Cross replied, a small smile on his face

"Breakfast is already made from you. Shall we head downstairs?"
Lust gently asked.

Cross nodded, and they made their way down stairs to the Breakfast room, where Nightmare was already seated on one end of the long royal like table, Cross sat at the other end, and started to eat his breakfast.

Lust patiently waited for Cross to finish as he was a couple steps behind Cross' chair.

No words were spoken between the two royals, which wasn't unusual as they never talked about anything. They didn't even talk at all. Cross used to say his "good mornings" to the other whenever they were in the room. but after being ignored a couple times he stopped.

A couple minutes went by, and Cross was done eating, he was about to get up and leave this forsaken room when Nightmare spoke, startling Cross, but he kept a straight face.

"Be aware that there is a ball being hosted tonight."
The Dark Lord said, making eye contact with Cross.
'Ugh..great'
Cross thought before he nodded in affirmation and left the room.

"Gosh, why must there be another ball." He groaned and leaned onto a wall, Lust beside him.
"As if I don't already have alot to deal with." The smaller pinched his nasal. He was so tired.