I Lost Them...

Uhhhhh

Yea, some angst

Enjoy

______________________________________
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

He was lying down in bed, and the covers pulled up to his shoulders.
Cross didn't move. He didn't want to.

He hasn't really left his bedchamber in awhile. Not since what happened.

Just thinking about it made him want to break down again, the sick twisting feeling in his abdomen.

He doesn't know how it happened. He thought he was being careful, he thought he was taking care of himself and the souling.

How could it have happened?
He still remembered the feeling, that gut wrecking feeling...

He remembered it being the middle of the night and waking up in pain, there was blood on the bed, and unfortunately, he lost the baby.

Cross clutched the blanket tighter at the memory.
Hearing the door open, he didn't move to look at who it was.

Hearing footsteps approach his side of the bed, finally looking up to see his husband, Nightmare.

"Cross."
The taller kneeled down to be at eye level with Cross, placing a gentle hand on his cheek.

Cross leaned into the touch, closing his eyes. Feeling Nightmare caressing his cheek with his thumb.

"You haven't eaten anything. Please come downstairs.."
Nightmare said in a gentle tone.

The smaller looked at Nightmare once more before sitting up.
"I don't want to go downstairs."

He looked away, gripping his own hands together.

"Can I have lunch up here again..?"

Silence.
There was a moment of silence, which didn't help ease Cross' nerves in the slightest.
He felt like crying again.

Finally, Nightmare sighed. Getting up and sitting beside his partner on the bed.

"You've been eating up here for awhile now, button."
The Dark Lord placed a hand on his husband's shoulder.
"This isn't healthy, sweetheart. we're all worried for you.".

Cross inhaled a shaky breath.
Wiping away the tears that pricked his eyes.
"I k-know, im sorry.."

Nightmare wasted no time in pulling the other into a hug. Cross immediately accepted it, hiding his face onto Nights chest as he sobbed.

Night rubbed his back gently, whispering sweet little phrases to try and calm his partner down.

Nightmare didn't like this, not one bit. He didn't like how his partners Negativity fueled him. He doesn't like that their souling died, The death of their baby was devastating. Nightmare hated how he had woken up that night to find they had lost their child.

It had been a month since they lost it, and again, he was comforting his husband, who would barely get out of bed or even socialize since the incident.

It all caused a pain in his soul aswell.

Cross kept apologizing into his chest.
"Cross, you have nothing to be sorry about."

He gently pulled away to cup his partners cheek.

"None of this is your fault.. so please, don't apologize."

He pulled Cross into a kiss, unadulterated and sweet, it continued for a few minutes before they pulled away.

Cross still had tears falling down his face, but he had mostly calmed down. Nightmare immediately wiped them away.

"Please, I can't stand seeing you like this."

The King took ahold of his lovers hand.
"It's hard, I know. The weight of it is complete agony."

Nightmare kissed the back of his hand softly.

"But it hurts worse when I hear you blame yourself...it was out of our control sweetness.."
He looked at their intertwined hands.

The smaller cupped his cheek, resulting in the taller to glance up again.

Cross looked teary-eyed again.

"I know you dont want me apologizing..but I'm sorry, I'm sorry for worrying you. I know I'm not really making things easier.."
Cross replied.

Nightmare simply pulled the other closer, holding him to his chest almost as if he'll be snatched away from him.

"You have nothing to be sorry for."
He kissed Cross on the forehead.

Cross cried again.
Nightmare had him on his lap at this point, touching foreheads gently.

"We'll try again, Cross."

Cross closed his eyes and leaned into his husband's touch one again.

"But, what if we lose this one too..?"
Cross asked, he feared the worst.

"It won't happen again. We'll be careful, I'll take care of both of you everyday if I have to"

He quickly kissed his partners forehead again.

"I know how much you want this, it'll be okay. I promise".

Cross brought him down for another kiss. He hoped that this time be different, he hoped it would work this time.

They once again pulled away and enjoyed cuddling up to one another in the deeps of their bedchamers.

"Thank You, Nightmare."

______________________________________

(;^; ) 

Hope you enjoyed