Forced Marriage (pt2)

Sksksksksskks
This one is quite long.

Enjoy
______________________________________
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

It's been months since the incident in the ballroom. Cross still thinks about it every so often, from how it started to how he ended up breaking down all alone in the hall.

Not much has changed really, only thing that has changed was that Nightmare finally acknowledges Cross whenever he's in the room, but that's it. Nothing else changed it was all the same..

He still cries himself to sleep sometimes, everything was so stressful, from helping Nightmare manage the castle or making preparations. There was always something that needed to be done, and he didn't really have much emotional support to help him get through most of it.

Cross thought back to his family back home, and while he didn't have the best childhood back at his home palace, he did miss his siblings, they were the only good things he had, His father was most strict towards him then everyone else, and his form of discipline was..rough.

Shaking the thoughts out of his head, he focused on the paperwork in front of him. Yes, Cross had his own office. Of course, Lust was with him as always.

Cross sighed, obviously bored out of his mind. Can something exciting happen for once in this darn place?

He continued to work until he heard a knock at the door.

"Come in."
Cross gently said, the door opened to reveal Killer, one of Nightmares' personal guards.

"Oh, Killer. Do you need something?"
He asked.

Killer bowed his head before speaking.
"Your Majesty, the King has asked me to inform you that you both will be visiting the town in a few hours."

Cross hummed.
"Alrighty then, is there anything else?"

Killer shook his head.

"Okay, thank you, Killer."

And with that, the other left.

"Would you look at that, a visit to the city." Lust said.

Cross chuckled.
"Yeah, it felt like ages since I was able to go back out."

"Well, after what happened. The King seems to be keeping you under safe care.
The other replied.

Those words brought Cross back to the day of the incident and what happened in the hall. Yes, it's true that after what happened, Nightmare did keep the other under strict supervision, but Cross didn't think it was because he cared.
After all, they were both hiding their true feelings under a mask.

"Yeah.."

Lust noticed the other become quiet, he frowned, he never liked seeing Cross bottle everything up, not like he could do much anyways.

"Lust, could you get me some chocolate."
Cross asked

Lust nodded and left the room. To which Cross stopped working and hid his face in his arms on his desk.
He didn't get much sleep last night, he knew he shouldn't be sleeping while he was working, but he figured he could let his eyes close for a moment, and before he knew it he fell asleep.
.
.
.
Ten minutes later, Lust came back into his office with the chocolate he requested and found him asleep. Shaking his head smiling, he didn't dare wake his superior up and let him rest, after all they had. A few hours before they needed to go to town.

~~~~~~~~~

As they walked together, Cross smiled at the crowd. Many gave gifts or showed gratitude towards them, and Cross couldn't help but admire the town and those kind-hearted around him.