Chapter 1: A Promise in Pallet

Days

*Narration*

"Talk"

"YELL"

"Whisper"

Thoughts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAY 0

*The scene opens on an abundance of trees from below as it slowly pans up to a small town in the middle with a semi-bustling main street. On the end of said street is a nice sized building with a crystal dome on its roof. The people were minding their own business or chattering amongst themselves as they go on their daily lives. On the northern entrance of town, a man on Pidgeot slowly descends from the sky with what appears to be a passenger cart of a Ferris wheel being held by the talons of said Pokémon. As the Pokémon lands the car gently on the ground, the man riding on the back of it gets off gently, heads over to the car and opens up the door before speaking out loud*

Taxi Pilot: Here we are kid, Pallet Town. It's time to get out after.

*There is some movement in the car as a teen comes out of it slowly. His appearance is kind of short for a teen with semi-shaggy brown hair and blue eyes. He wears a long sleeve black shirt with a pair of jeans that has a tear on his right knee, but its covered up underneath with a patch of denim in the same color, and a pair of sneakers with the checker board pattern on them. He hops out of the car with a brown backpack over his shoulders. With one glance on the surrounding area and the town itself, he sighs in annoyance and asks the man*

???: Tell me this is a practical joke...

Taxi Pilot: Hate to break it to you, but this is legitimately the place. See! 

*The man points his finger with the teen looking in that direction to see a sign that says "Welcome to Pallet Town" on it. The teen sighs in annoyance again as he looks down a bit and mumbles to himself*

???: Of course, mom's friend is the middle of nowhere... well, at least it's better here than home since it's actually outside so hopefully everything isn't all bor-

*Before he could finish that sentence, a huge gust of wind hits the side of his body as he was almost blown over. Upon inspecting where the wind was coming from, he sees the Pidgeot with its owner on its back starts flying upwards in the car in its talons again as it continues to go up into the sky until they were out of sight. He Watches this transpire before looking to his right, seeing the thick trail with thick grass and trees surrounding it. He stares at it for a few seconds before scoffing a bit and heading down the other way towards the town. After a few minutes of walking, he makes it to the center of the town with people passing by him left and right. He looks around a bit as he tries to someone's attention. He suddenly spots a man with brown frizzy hair wearing a pair of oval shaped glasses, an olive green buttoned-up collared shirt, brown pants and dark brown shoes. He swift comes up to him from behind and asks him swiftly*

???: Scuse me?

*As soon as he says those words, the man freaks out a bit from being surprised and turns around towards the teen with fear in his eyes a bit before sighing in relief and responding to him*

?????: Don't do that to me, kid. You could've scared me to death!

???: Tch. Well, "excuse me sir," but I need some help trying to find a house around here and you looked like someone who has unfortunately lived here long enough.

?????: .....I am going to forget that last part. However, I have lived here for a long time, so I most likely will know who you will be trying to find. Who are you looking for?

*The teen pulls out his phone and scrolls through his texts to see what the name of the person his mom wants him to visit*

???: Ummmmmmmmmm, her name is Delia Toyoshima.

*The man was surprised about hearing her name and starts to assume it was for the obvious reason*

?????: You are trying to find "him," aren't you?...

???: Him?

*The teenager looked at him in confusion a bit as the man groaned a bit before vaguely stating again*

?????: You know "hiiiiiim."

*He just looks at him with the face of being confused and scared at the same time before questioning him*

???: What in Arceus's name are you talking about? I'm just here to visit since she and my mom were childhood friends.

*He gives of a look of relief before giving a look of realization at him as he talks to the teen*

?????: Oh...Ohhhhhhhhhh! You're Carina's kid, Cyrus, aren't you?

*The teen grunts in frustration upon hearing that name and yells back a bit*

Cyrus?: First off! I am NOT a kid! Secondly, the name is Seris Nova. SERIS. Not Cyrus. Seris.

?????: ...Anyway, her house is just down the main road here on the first right, then the firstpath on the left and it'll be on your right. 

Seris: Yeah. Whatever. Thanks. 

*He starts to leave down the road he was directed towards, but as he leaves ear range of the man, the man mutters to himself as he pushes up his glasses while walking down the road towards the building with the glass dome*

?????: I'm surprised doesn't know about her son...He will though soon enough...

*Seris slowly makes his way towards the house he will being staying at for the next few days as while griping the whole way there under his breath. He, finally, finds his way there and is standing right in front of the door with some discontent in his mind*

Seris: Well...here goes nothing...

*He knocks on the door and waits at it while looking through his phone until it slowly opens and we see a woman in her mid to late 30s standing in front of him with a bit of confusion and distraught on her face*

???: Y-Yes...can I help you?

*Seris is a bit weirded out by this but decides to persevere onward while staying cautious in the back of his mind*

Seris: Ummmm. Are you Delia Toyoshima?

*The woman gets more worried as she backs up a bit with her hand on the door*

Delia: Th-That's right. I already told you people once and a thousand times, if you are looking for him, he hasn't come home in- 

*She was cut off by him putting his foot on the bottom of door and stating what is on his mind*

Seris: Hold it! First, I do not know who this guy is at all! Even if I was here for "him," I am not!

*Delia gained a bit of composure hearing this while having a bit of fear in the back of her mind from what the young man had just did and said*

Delia: Then...why are you here then?

*He sighed has he got through to her a bit as he removes his foot from the door and looks at her*

Seris: I am here to visit you. My name is Seris Nova... My mom is your friend, Carina Nova.

*Upon hearing this, Delia gains more composure as she looks over the young man. After a minute of inspecting him, her attitude takes a quick 180 as she smiles brightly before enveloping Seris in a warm and cheerful hug*

Delia: Oh my god! It is Seris! Ohhhhhhh!~ I haven't seen your face since I held you in my arms all those years ago!

Seris: What kind of Sweet Scent has this person been sniffing?