Chapter 5: The Pewter, The Better

Day 5

*Quite a bit has happened since we last met our teenaged protagonist. After running into the Viridian Forest, Seris attempted to make a dash straight through it, only to find out that the place and so many trees bunched up together that it was impossible for him to move through. Realizing that, he continued to make a run for it, but this time, he ran through the less dense parts of the forest. After encountering and battling several different Pokémon and trainers, he was able to make it to the other side of the woods and straight towards the entrance of Pewter City as the moon hit the highest point in the sky. he was also able to have Armada and Mirajane level up to level 11, allowing each of them to acquire a new move: Withdraw for Armada and Karate Chop for Mirajane. After making it to the Pokémon center, he checked in himself and his Pokémon with the Chansey minding the front desk with his Pokémon Center Card before heading to his room and crashing onto the bed. We now join him as he has woken from his slumber and heading out to front desk to retrieve his Pokémon with a clean set of clothes on. He appears to be conversing with his PDA about the new moves his Pokémon have acquired*

PDA: Withdraw allows the Pokémon to retract itself into its shell to bolsters its Defense more. Karate Chop allows the Pokémon to attack its opponent with a sharp chop, focusing its power directly into the side of its hand to increase the chance of critical hit.

Seris: Critical hit? What is that?

PDA: Critical hits are attacks that have hit a major point on a Pokémon's body, increasing the attack's damage output significantly. However, the chance of getting one is completely random since every Pokémon, sometimes one's of the same species, have differing weak points.

Seris: Hmmmmmm. Just like a type advantage but based on luck then? Weird...

PDA: Shall I notify you when your Pokémon have dealt or taken a critical hit while in battle?

Seris: Yes. Thank you. That'll be all. 

*The PDA folds up as he enters the main lobby and heads to an empty front desk. He looks around it, still finding no one there, so he yells out*

Seris: Hello! Anyone here?! I am here to get my Pokémon!

???: Be one minute! Please wait!

*He hears a familiar voice coming from the door behind the front desk and tries to figure out where he has heard it before. Before he could though, it opens up to reveal Nurse Joy, much to Seris's surprise*

Seris: Nurse Joy? What are you doing here?

*The woman looked at him with a perplexed expression on her face before asking him*

Joy: I'm sorry. Do I know you?

Seris: It's me, Seris...From Viridian City?

Joy: I am sorry, but I don't believe I have met someone by that name before.

*He looks at her with a speechless, shocked expression before going into more detailed*

Seris: But you healed my Pokémon at the center there and gave me the package from Mister Krane!

*Finally realizing what's going on, she gives him a soft smile before giggling quietly to herself*

Seris:...What's so funny?

Joy: Ohhhh, nothing. It's just that the Nurse Joy in Viridian City is my sister. 

Seris: Wait...you're telling me...that you have a sister who looks just like you. That makes more sense since you two are twins.

Joy: Twins? Oh no. She is a year younger than me!

*This statement makes Seris even more confused than the previous one, making ask...*

Seris: How is your sister younger than you and looks exactly like you?!

Joy: Well, it's not that big of a deal. Here I'll show you. 

*She goes to her desk and places down a picture with a tiny plaque underneath that says "Joy Family Reunion" in front of him. However, when he inspects it, he finds more questions than answers...*