Chapter 3: Catching Up

Day 2

*We join Seris as he walks out of his assigned room for the night, fully refreshed but not quiet fully awake as he lets out a big yawn. He is adorning the same outfit as he had worn yesterday but on closer inspection, his shirt is a little lighter shade of black and a lighter shade of blue, indicating he has different clothes on. In his right hand, he holds Armada's pokéball firmly before shrinking it down with its center button, looking towards his side at the clips and placing the ball onto the closest one, holding said ball in place with semi-strong magnet. As the ball is secured to it, the sides of the clip lights up dimly to show a light blue coloring, revealing the water typing of the Pokémon inside. Upon seeing this, Seris decides to test the new feature on his PDA since he has the time. He lifts up his left wrist before looking at the device and exclaiming his commands*

Seris: Dexter. Team. 

*The device unfolds and reveals a hologram of the same six boxes from last night. However, now the box on top right is filled with a pixel sprite of a Squirtle, his nickname and a green health bar that is completely filled. Seeing this, Seris goes to the next step of his test as he walks down the halls of the center*

Seris: Dexter. Summarize Armada.

*The six boxes are shrunk and sucked back down into the device's screens before one big box appears from the device with information on Armada in more detail as well as a 3-D image of him. Seris looks at this in fascination as he spews out the information to himself quietly*

Seris: Armada. Species: Squirtle. Pokédex Number: 007. Pure Water type. Completely healthy. Ability: Torrent? Level 6? Known moves: Tackle and...Tail Whip?

*Seris was perplexed by those three characteristics, so he decide to test something out as he turn the corner of the hallway*

Seris: Dexter. Summarize the ability Torrent, the move Tail Whip, and Pokémon levels.

*As he finishes that sentence, the device automatically starts to answer his question in further detail*

PDA: Torrent: An ability that kicks when the Pokémon is close to fainting, allowing its Water type moves to increase by a bit in power...Tail Whip: A move that when used makes the Pokémon wags its tail at its opponent, making the opponent lower its guard a bit...Power levels are the theoretically basis of a Pokémon's strength. The higher a Pokémon's level is, the stronger, bulkier, harder, and faster it may become. It is also possible that a Pokémon may potentially learn a new move or evolve when it "levels up."

Seris: Huh...when Krane said this feature will make things easier, he wasn't kidding.

PDA: Would you like me to notify you when your Pokémon has leveled up or is attempting to learn a new move?

Seris: Huh? Oh... I would like that. Yes.

PDA: Acknowledged. Notifications on increases in Pokémon levels as well as potential new moves as been enabled.

Seris: Cool. Thanks, Dexter.

*With that, the box withdraws back into the screens of the PDA before folding back up. He then looks around as he now in the main lobby of the center, noticing Nurse Joy attending to some pokéballs at the front counter with a Chansey assisting her. He starts walking over to her before she looks up and sees him coming. She greets him with a soft smile before speaking*

Joy: Good morning, Seris. I hope you are enjoying your morning so far. 

Seris: I am a bit. Thanks... Say quick question. Do you know where I can find the Viridian City Gym. 

Joy: Or course. If you go down the path on the left side of the center here and take the grassy path on the right, it will be the big building straight ahead. 

*As she is talking, the Chansey that is assisting her realizes something and walks off to the right side of the counter where Joy's video phone/desk is at*

Seris: Alright cool. Thanks, Nurse Joy. I'll see you later! 

*Seris starts walking off and out of the front door while Nurse Joy waves at him farewell*

Joy: Goodbye, and good luck on your challenge and travels.

*She suddenly feels a slight tugging sensation on her apron as she looks to her side and sees her Chansey looking up at her, holding something in her hand*

Joy: Oh? What do you have there?

*She takes it carefully from her Pokémon's hand and looks at it*

Joy: A calendar?... Oh! It's the first day of the Indigo Conference! I completely forgot about that.

*She laughs at her forgetfulness a bit before she suddenly realizing*

Joy: Oh... It's the start of the Indigo Conference, which means... oh boy...