Chapter 6: A Toxic Encounter

Day 6

*A new day and a new objective at hand, we join Seris as he is making his way to Cerulean City, home of the next gym leader and the next lead to possibly discovering where the champion, Red, has disappeared to. However, with all objectives come new challenges to overcome, and said challenges are the two routes that nestle between Pewter City and Cerulean City, with the latter route having one giant mountain, known as Mount Moon, trainers most traverse through in order to get to the other side. Seris has already gone through most of the trainers on the first route, Route 3, and was able to level up both Armada and Mirajane a bit between some battles. Currently, we now join him and Mirajane as they are battling a bug catching trainer and his Caterpie, but unbeknownst to the former party, someone or something is watching intensively in the shadows of tall grass...* 

Bug Catcher: String Shot, Caterpie!

*The bug Pokémon shot a thin and sticky thread from its mouth, surrounding and ensnaring Mirajane and her arms in a tight bind. It then tries to take this opportunity to make an assault with a full powered Tackle*

Seris: Mirajane! Quickly! Use Scratch to remove the threads and its weaver!

*As Caterpie draws close enough, Mirajane's claws pierce out through the thread bindings and slash through them with great force to discard them off her body. Still caring the power and swing of the first scratch, she curves it a bit to where her paws make contact with the side of Caterpie's body, resulting in it being sent back skidding across the ground and stopping near its trainer, knocked out from the damage she caused. After thanking Seris for the battle, the bug catcher departed for the Pokémon Center in Pewter City while making his way to Mount Moon with Mirajane walking alongside him. However, a slight rustle gets her attention as she stops and looks in the direction of the tall grass off the side of the road. Noticing his comrade not beside him, Seris looks back confusingly at her*

Seris: Hey Mirjane. Everything okay over there?

*Nothing is said or done within the moment of silence as Mirajane focuses on the grass, waiting to see if her intuition is right. Luckily, she is proven true as she sees a shadow in the grass move slightly and makes her concern. She turns to her trainer and points at the grass*

Mirajane: Woooochet! Woooochet!

*Seris once again looks at her but this time with more confusion with a hint of concern mixed in*

Seris: What is it? Is there something in the grass?

*He then turns his attention to the grass and stares into it with anticipation to see what is in it. However, after another moment of silence, Seris decides that this is wasting time*

Seris: Alright, this is getting ridiculous...Hey! Who or whatever is hiding the grass! Come on out already! My partner here already knows you're there! If you want to battle, just say so instead of this stealthy Shiftry!

*A few seconds pass before some rustling in the grass starts up again, but this time whatever is in there is coming towards them at a slowish pace. As soon as it hits the edge of the grass, both of them discover that the culprit was...*