Chapter 2: Feeling Faint

*Within not even 10 minutes of starting his journey to find Red, we find Seris slumped over a tree a bit with his head hanging down, trying to catch his breath from running too hard. He takes in one deep breath after another before standing back up properly and looks at the straight down the path leading to him to Arceus knows where. He sighs a bit before sitting down on the ground against a tree before looking at his bag*

Seris: Okay...I got my Pokemon. I got my PokéDex. I got my Pokéballs...What do I have in my bag?

*He pulls his bag off of his back and places it gently on his lap. Upon inspecting its content, it is contain not only the money and items that Delia said she put in there, but also a spare set of clothes, two sets of pajama pants, a potion to heal his Pokemon, and a map of the entire region of Kanto. He pulls out said map and unfurls it, trying to decide where he is heading towards, which appears to Viridian City*

Seris: Okay...Looks like Viridian City is my first stop on find Red...The problem is outside of getting there, I have no idea where to begin my investigation on his whereabouts... 

RING RING RING! RING RING RING! PHONE CALL PHONE CALL!

*Hearing possibly the loudest and most obnoxious ringtone he has ever heard, Seris gets jump scared by it and his wrist suddenly start to vibrate slight. He looks at it to reveal his PDA is the cause for not only the noise and vibrations, but also emitting a small blinking green light from its camera every time it speaks. He looks at it curiously and pokes on the camera lens before the devices unfolds itself like last time and displays a holographic image of Krane*

Krane: Ahhh, Seris. It seems like the HoloCaster function I installed is working perfectly.

Seris: Oh yeah. Everything except for the freaking dreadful ringtone you chose!

Krane: Hey! That ringtone is a classic! Anyways, I heard that you have to decide to investigate the disappearance of Red... That's a pretty difficult task for someone who is just starting out. Are you positive you want to take on this undertaking?

Seris: Krane. I meant every word I said. I am going to find him, no matter what. Hopefully, he isn't in any trouble...

Krane: *sighs* Very well, but quick question, do you know where to start looking?

*Seris is about to say something to him, but pauses for a few seconds before truthfully answering him*

Seris:...not in the slightest.

Krane: Hmmmmmmm. Professor Oak may know some form of clue to his whereabouts but he is out visiting a good friend in another region. I'll try to get in touch with him when I can and contact you once I find out something. In the mean time, you should head over to Viridian City and visit its gym leader. He and Red were childhood friends growing up so he may have a good idea about the subject. 

Seris: Alright. Thanks, Krane. Let me kn-

Krane: Oh! Before I forget, when you get to the Viridian City Pokémon Center, ask Nurse Joy for a package under your name. It was something I intended to give to you to help out with Battling and catching Pokémon. 

Seris: Alright then...Let me know if anything comes up, Krane. 

Krane: Will do, Seris. Good luck.

*The call ends almost immediately before the PDA folds back into its original shape. Seris sighs in relief as he now has an idea on where to start looking before standing up with his bag on his back and looking the path ahead. As soon as he takes a step, he hears a loud rustling in the bush to his left. He quickly looks in that direction as the rustling continues to grow before a creature jumps out of the bush and lands in front of him, dead center in the middle of the path behind him, revealing itself to be a Rattata*

???:Rrratttaa!

Seris: Alright! My first wild Pokémon battle! GO ARMADA!!!

*He grabs and expands Armada's pokéball from his pocket before throwing it out towards the wild Pokémon and releasing Armada out of it*

Armada: Squirtle!

*Seris catches the pokéball into his hand after being pushed back the force of the light-like aura of Armada exiting its ball and looks at the two Pokémon, determined to catch his first one*

Seris: Okay Armada. Use Tackle!

*Armada complies and it charges at the Pokémon and smacks the side of his shell with front of the Rattata. The Pokémon, not being fazed by it much, counterattacks by scratching Armada in the shell and arm a bit*

Seris: Keep up the offense, Armada!

*The attacking continues back and forth, almost similarly like turn order clockwork until Armada's fourth attack lands a solid hit on the wild Pokémon, causing it to faint*

Seris: Alright, time to catch my first ever Po-

???: Tattaaa!

*Before claiming his new Pokémon, he sees another Rattata appear in front of the downed one, guarding his fallen kind*

Seris: Oh hey! Another one. 

*Then another appears beside it...and then another... and then more appear around a dozen or so Rattatas appear, one half glaring and growling at Seris fiercely while the other half lifts the fallen Pokémon onto their backs with their heads and scurries off with it*

Seris: Hey! I was about to catch tha-

Rattatas: Ratttaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

*Seris and Armada slowly put their hands in obedience and slowly starts backing away from them*

Seris: Got it...he is yours. Right, Armada?

Armada: Squuiirt...

*After that incident occurred, Seris decided to keep on going while trying to catch other wild Pokémon he encountered in the way to Viridian City. However, just like earlier, every time he was able to make one faint, more of that Pokémon's species would come out and ward him off while getting the fallen ones to safety. Once Seris did make it out of Route 1, he looked tired and annoyed not only by the fact he couldn't catch a single pokemon, but he also had to use his only Potion since Armada was battling too much. However, once the sun was setting, he made it to a clearing in the route with a sign in front of him and the sunsetting in the background behind some structures in the distance. He looked down at the sign and read it to himself before smiling and looking straight onwards at he structures obscuring the sun before stating the words on the sign*