Chapter 4: All Fired Up

Day 4

*It has been almost two days since Seris caught Mirajane, and to say he was excited to have caught his first Pokémon would be an understatement to say the least. However, it wasn't until he got to the Pokémon Center and healed both Mirajane and Armada that he decided to look and see what Mirajane has to offer to the team. He sees that her only moves are Scratch and Leer, which are basically the equivalence of Armada's move set. However, he notices two things about her that differs to Armada's summary, out of being a different typing. The first thing was that she was Level 3 compared to Armada being Level 6, so he was going to have train her harder to have her caught to him. The second thing was a new Ability that she has called Vital Spirit. When asking the PDA, it stated that it simply prevents the Pokémon from falling asleep during battle. So during the rest of day 2 and the majority of day 3, Seris decided, while waiting for Blue to return from the conference, to head out to Route 1 and 22 to train up so it can reach the same level as her comrade in battle. By the time day 3 had end, Armada and Mirajane were able to reach Level 9 with both learning a new move: Armada learning Bubble and Mirajane learning Low Kick. Now, the sun has risen on the next day of his adventure to find Red. We see him exiting of the Pokemon Center, starting to head for Route 22 to train again while waiting for Blue, but he is caught off guard by a familiar voice*

???: I thought you would be at the Indigo Conference by now, kid. 

*Seris looks to his right and sees G on the bench with a newspaper unfolded in his hands as slowly puts it down to give the young man and small grin*

Seris: Oh, hey G. What are doing here?

G: That is what I am thinking right now about you. Why aren't you at the conference?

Seris: The tickets costed too much, so I decided to stay back here and train while I wait for him to get back.

G: Counterintuitive, but that is your decision. Are you going to be challenging him for his Gym Badge?

*Seris slow goes over to the bench G is sitting on and sits next to him while G continues to read the paper, his face is mostly covered by it*

Seris: Not really, I just wanted him to answer a question I had.

G: I see. Speaking of which, how many badges do you have, Seris?

Seris: Oh, I don't have any.

*G stays silent for a few seconds before speaking up again*

G: I see...then having your conversation with him may be more of a challenge than you might think.

*Seris, confused by the man's statement, sits up and presses him for more information*

Seris: What do you mean?

G: You see, Blue has a bit of an ego. He is possibly the cockiest person I have ever met to this day. While he was starting out as a Gym Leader, I have heard that trainer after trainer came to him for his badge first just after getting their starter Pokémon and got beaten by his Pokémon nonstop. So much so that after two weeks of it, Blue put a self-imposed rule on his gym that any challenger wanting to battle him needs to have all the other 7 gym badges in order for him to accept. If they don't, he won't acknowledge them. 

*Hearing this, Seris starting to let his nerves get to him*

Seris: You mean to tell me...that I waited two days for him to return... only to find out that he won't talk to me because of his damn ego!!

*G confirms this by nodding his head while still partial hid*

Seris: OH THAT IS PURE BOUFFALANT!!!

G: Calm down, kid. No need to cry over spilled Moo Moo Milk. 

*Seris looks at him in annoyance but takes a deep breath before mumbling to himself*

Seris: You signed up for this...you knew there were going to be some hiccups...just work with it...

*He then looks back up at G who was still reading his paper and asks him*

Seris: So, you say that I won't be able see him unless I get the 7 more badges first, right?

*G turns the page before speaking up*

G: That is what I said. Don't make saying it again. I hate having to say things twice. 

(EVQ: For those who get the reference, you get a biscotti.)

Seris: Alright. Do you know by chance where the closest one gym is?

*G points in the direction of the Viridian gym as Seris gets a bit more pissed* 

Seris: That isn't in this city, smartass!