· Chapter 1 ·

I've known about Prince's music for about a year. I was really invested in his "For You" album but never really searched for more. I recently found out that he's having a gig in my city so I decided to buy a ticket and get all dressed up for the show.

 I recently found out that he's having a gig in my city so I decided to buy a ticket and get all dressed up for the show

I'll be wearing this dress with a leather jacket and some basic black heels with straps. I clipped my hoops on and teased my hair to the max. I quickly finished getting ready and gathered my small purse.

I raced out to the driveway of my house and got into my car. I drove into the night towards the bar where he'd be performing.

As soon as I stepped in, the air was humid and it smelled of alcohol and cologne. I ordered a glass of champagne and found myself a small circle table to sit at. About 2 minutes into my drink, an announcer began speaking. "Please welcome The Revolution." He spoke in a slightly irritated voice.

I watched multiple people step onto the stage and there he was. His hair was curly in a middle part and he had an ash colored jacket with rhinestones, thigh-high socks, heeled boots, a red bandana around his neck, and a pair of black spandex. They jumped right into the song and I instantly heard an unfamiliar tune.

Once Prince began singing, he peered his seductive, bedroom-like eyes over the audience. His eyes landed on me and he smirked before singing another line.

"You got me on my knees,

Won't you please let me lay ya' down,

In my daddy's car,

It's you I really wanna try,

But you never go too far"

He licked his lips and the crowd went feral. I felt some sort of arousal by his singing. He got down onto the stage on top of the microphone stand, beginning to thrust his hips on the small pole. I slightly laughed and he looked back over at me while singing, his dark eyes scanning over me.

He got up and danced as another song began to play after. Sipping my drink, I danced in my seat to the tunes before getting up and dancing on the dance floor. I felt alive, I don't usually go out and do these things so this was something enjoyable for me.

A man with slick back hair and freckles danced his way over to me, making a large crow sound before speaking.

"Hey baby, where you from?"

"I'm from here." I spoke with a laugh.

He gestured for my hand. "I'm Morris. And you?" He said as he kissed the top of my hand.

"I'm Candice, nice to meet you."

"Let me buy you a drink and we can go chit chat over there." He said as he pointed to the bar. I followed closely behind him as the music continued playing. I sat down on the stool as he ordered me a drink. "You like these songs?"

"Yeah I do. I used to listen to Prince but I never really met him or anything."

"That's real funny, I know that little funky thing dancing around the stage." He said with a small laugh.

"You do?"

"Oh yeah baby, we're pretty tight."

"That sounds wonderful." I said as I took a sip from the drink he had ordered. He quickly shook his head and licked his lips before leaning in and whispering.

"That little man can be a bitch sometimes."

I giggled to myself and realized they had gotten off the stage and a new band came up. I frowned and Morris seemed to notice. "You wanna meet him?"

"Could I?" He chuckled briefly. "Yeah baby, let's go." He grabbed my hand and directed us backstage towards a door with the words "The Revolution" Printed boldly on the door. He knocked loudly and shifted from one foot to another while still holding my hand.

The door opened and dark amber eyes stares us down, outlined vividly in black liner. "What?"
He spoke in a slightly irritated voice.

"P, this is Candice. She really likes your music and me and her were getting' a drink." He smirked slightly and grabbed my hand, kissing the top of it. "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too." I smiled gently, blushing darker than a rose.

"Well, I'm gonna leave you two to connect while I go get another drink." I watched Morris walk off and pop his blazer collar.

"Come on in, the band went out to get some food so we're alone." Great. I smiled gently and sat on the small couch beside him.

"So, how old are you?" He asked as he rested against the back of the couch. "I'm 21. You?"

"So am I. You know, You're very beautiful." He said with a smirk.

"Thank you."

"Are you still a virgin?" His comment startled me.

"W-What?"

"Just a question." He said before licking his lips.

"Uh- Yeah." I felt embarrassed. I never really hung out with guys so sex was the one thing I've never done.

"Well I'd love to change that." Bold move.

I just awkwardly laughed. "Are you gonna go out with him?" He said to break the silence.

"Who?"

"Morris." He said before cocking his head at the door where Morris and I were.

"No I don't think so. He might've wanted to but he's not my type of man."

"That's a pity. Am I?" He was really bold with his wording. It was slightly frightening because he's very confident.

"Would it be bad if I didn't want to tell you?"

"Yes." He smirked and leaned in. "You're much too fine for Morris."

"Okay, fine. Maybe you are but don't tell Morris."

I checked my watch and it read 12:16 AM. I was getting tired so I wanted to get home before this conversation got any deeper.

"I have to get going." I said while pointing to my watch.

"Write down your number." He handed me a notepad and pen. I quickly wrote it down and dismissed myself. I hadn't realized till I exited the room that I was holding my breath.

I quickly made my way to my car and rested for a second before driving home.