'Awakening'

June 7th, 2010.

The purple and blue light was the first thing he could see,- then small white stars came into view. They were intriguing- what was all this? Where was he?

He was really curious.

His vision quickly became clear, and he felt alive. Alive?
Where was he?

Quickly, he found himself sitting up. His eyes darted around the room, machines were all around, and he seemed to be previously laying on some sort of table.

Then, someone came into view. A.. guy with some sort of tag with an.. apple on it? A half bitten apple?
He was hungry.
What did that mean?

The person coughed, and then began speaking. He held his hands behind his back and looked rather... formal..?

"Hello! Your name, is Mephone4. And I, am Steve. Steve Cobs. Now that you're fully functiona-", before Steve could finish, Mephone leaned back and pushed himself completely up.

"I put the 'unctional' in, 'functional'!" He replied with a wink and finger guns. He thought it was funny.

Cobs seemed to raise an eyebrow, and start talking to himself.
"It's.. the fun. The fun.. in func- Well, we can work the humor, buddy!" He claimed, raising his arm, and hitting Mephone's.

"Ow.." Mephone muttered, rubbing his hand where he was hit, gently. Why did he hit him? He was smiling, so- was that a.. good thing?

Cobs began to walk over to something, and started speaking again.

"Now, you may feel nervous due to your assigned tasks here, but that's just a bi-product of your highly advanced emotion emulator. And-", Mephone interrupted again, holding his hands together and sticking them in Cobs' direction.

"Hey- got any snacks?"

Cobs looked unamused, a puzzled expression appearing on his face.

But he then replied back, "Mephone4. You are my most current- and state of the art creation-," He paused for a moment. State of the art? Really?
Mephone smiled.
But then Cobs continued.

"Who doesn't need food."

Mephone then frowned, and grumbled, folding his arms. Why couldn't he have food? He knew what food was. It was supposed to be yummy and stuff.

"But rest assured-",
Then Cobs walked over to a screen, and pressed his finger on it,- sliding something.

"I have the means to protect you."

Mephone then looked up, and something was lowering.

Cobs held a hand on him and pushed him down, gesturing for him to look up.

Mephone lay flat on the table- and watched a glass rectangle slowly making its way down to him.
He got curious. What was this? Would it protect him?

Mephone reached his hand up, and smiled. Cobs was good to him, right? He said he would protect him, so he should listen. Surely, the tasks couldn't be that bad. Why would he feel nervous?

Then, all of his senses were clouded, and he felt dazed as the glass finally attached itself onto him. It felt suffocating.