Limits

The second his eyes cracked open, he could feel a bad pain in his head.
But, it wasn't just his head. As he slowly regained consciousness, he could then feel a minor stinging, along with a low throbbing ache at his right wrist.

He stared for a moment, up at the blank ceiling above him as his eyes slowly adjusted. A migraine inducing pain began, until it dulled, and he blinked a couple times.
He tried turning his head, but his neck was stiff- and it didn't take him long to realise everything was at least a little bit sore.

Once he found his sight was clear, his fingers twitched as he gripped, his nails piercing through that thin paper sheet, slowly lifting himself up.
He felt weak, and it took him a moment to register his surroundings.

Soon, everything was clear, and he could make out the walls, and machines around him.

But..
This wasn't where he was before.
Before, he was in that room with the projector. When Mr. Cobs asked him the constant questions about the sentences- about all the words. That hadn't been nice. It made his head hurt.
Although now the pain was worse. Especially at the front of his head. It hurt so much, it was almost numb. The unpredictability of the throbbing and stinging only made it worse. He also now noticed the longer he sat up, the more it made him want to go back to sleep.
Going to sleep was scary, though..
He didn't want to do that again for a long time. Not until he had to.

He scanned his surroundings properly, seeing all types of different machinery and tools laying about,- scattered as if it were confetti.
Except the confetti was a bunch of sharp objects and random balls of scrunched up paper.

Mephone cleared his throat, and the realisation of how scratchy and irritating it was hit him. That was sore as well, then.
As another shockwave of pain hit him, he cringed, squeezing his eyes back shut tight.
The light was beginning to hurt his eyes. It felt as thought the light went straight through his eyes, worsening his headache.
It was better when they were shut.

He breathed in deeply, poorly attempting to regulate himself and his systems.
What happened?
The last thing he remembered was getting laid down on that table, and something going into his neck.
The reminder of that memory made Mephone tense up in discomfort. He tilted his head, burying the part of his neck that had the strange needle in it into his shoulder. Out of instinct.
He didn't like it in this room. It smelled bad too. All of the chemical smells he'd been around lately made his nose burn.
A shaky breath escaped his lips, his hands beginning to shake a little.

The longer Mephone examined the room, the more he could point out.
The much too bright for comfort lights overhead, the cream coloured walls with white and dark blue stripes that looked like walls from... from...
He couldn't even compare them. Every other wall he'd seen so far looked different. Usually they weren't so..
Blinding.
He started to miss his bedroom. Those walls were nicer on his eyes. Less hurtful to stare at.
He felt he could stare and gawk at his bedroom all day. All day and all night. Instead, he was stuck in this bright, annoying room.
This annoying room with beeping machines, machines that sounded like rockets. Silver cabinets and trays, counters that were all the same.

Despite his distaste, he hadn't the energy to get off of the table he sat on. Making him stuck.
Stuck in place, here.
Where was Mr. Cobs?
He needed to ask him what had happened. Why did his head hurt so badly? Why did he stick that thing in his neck?
Why had he given no warning?
It was unsettling. He wanted to trust Mr. Cobs. He had to trust Mr. Cobs.
There was no one else, anyway.
...
Mephone remembered the girl he saw before.
She waved at him. She seemed friendly.
That made a smile creep onto his face, physically tuning out the pain.

Then Mephone heard a loud noise. The noise of the door, the mechanical sliding open of it.
Then he walked in.
The familiar, tall man with the blonde fuzzy hair in the ponytail.
He had a green sweater on, now. The same tag hung around his neck, though.