Chapter 31

Chapter 31

"Looking forward to many years to come of success and joy of Trevino Tech. Cheers!"

The celebration went smoothly and successfully. I was already used to big crowds. Attending events like these was already part of my life as a businesswoman. However, this celebration stood up among those events I went to. Not being biased but being here witnessing the celebration as well as the positive environment, I feel safe and confident.

Everyone was toasting their glasses on each other as a sign of best wishes to the company, except for Liam. He wasn't holding a glass of wine. Instead, he was just standing and was still able to be involved without having to drink.

Hindi siya umiinom kahit wine. Pagkakaalala ko matagal na siyang tumigil sa pag-inom pero hindi ko alam ang dahilan. Wala naman siyang nabanggit na rason.

After toasting, everyone went busy talking. I was quietly drinking my wine when Liam suddenly came beside me. I didn't even notice that he left the crowd.

"Hindi ba dapat nandoon ka?" Pagtukoy ko sa mga kasosyo niya sa trabaho.

"Nah... I'm overwhelmed already. I need to breathe."

He looks fine to me. But maybe it was the tension who drained him a while ago after that speech and now he's overwhelmed with so many people surrounding him.

I tilted my head to check on him. "Do you want to go out for a moment?"

"Sasama ka ba?" Nakangisi siyang tumingin sa akin.

Marahan akong natawa. Sa labas lang naman siya ng gazebo pero gusto niya pa na kasama ako. Ako namang bahala kung may maghanap man sa kanya pero sa tingin ko lalabas lang siya kapag kasama ako. Ayaw mapahiwalay.

"Oo na. Halika na," pumayag na ako.

Lumabas kami ng gazebo at nagtungo sa maliit na garden na hindi naman gano'n kalayuan. Umupo kami sa bench katapat ng fountain. Sa pag-upo ay narinig kong nagpakawala si Liam ng malalim na hininga.

Sumilip ang mga mata ko sa kanya at nakita kong nakapikit siya, nagpapahinga. Dinamdam niya ang katahimikan at gano'n din naman ang ginawa ko habang pinagmamasdan siya.

I grabbed the chance to look at him silently. As I stared at him, I felt a foreign feeling, happiness. Even in this silence, I could hear my heart calling his name. Every day, I appreciate him, but this moment gave me a sense of that appreciation.

God, I never wished on the heavens to have someone like him. I never asked for someone to come into my life. And when he came, I thought he's someone that will only pass by. I hate his guts, his arrogance, and his childish acts... But I won't deny that it makes me happy.

I thought it was a misfortune meeting him, but I realized it's a blessing.

His fresh haircut made his piercings visible. Seeing that, I couldn't keep my hand to myself. I touched his piercing as well as his ear. It made him open his eyes and peek at me.