Chapter 12

AS WE TOOK our seats sitting on our trays at the spacious table, our senses were immediately overtaken by the sight, smell, and sound of the feast before us. The table was filled with a colorful array of trays, each masterpiece in its own right. Steaming plates of pasta adorned with rich tomato sauce, garnished with fresh basil leaves and grated Parmesan cheese. Vibrant salads, fresh and crisp, brimming with various textures and flavors. The aroma of the soup bowls was tantalizing, each filled with a fragrant blend of spices and herbs. As we settled in, the room was alive with friendly chatter and laughter, the joyful anticipation of the meal ahead evident on our faces. The table stretched out before us, a vast expanse of camaraderie, a place where food and friends came together in perfect harmony. Even if we all face the Trial games tomorrow, I'm happy to know that at least everyone is happy.

As we sat around the table, Ethan's voice filled the air as he recounted a funny incident during his morning training session. His hands moved animatedly as he spoke, and his words were punctuated by laughter from the rest of us. Even Eylaric, who sat beside me with his usual stoic expression firmly in place, seemed to be enjoying himself as he chuckled quietly at Ethan's story. He told us about his Dragon Noxx and how he flew back to his home in Montenglave for some essentials, I learned a little about the Fae settlement that he was from. He was from Moras, and he talked proudly about it. He had a lot of responsibility when he lived there,

I quickly glanced at Eylaric, wondering if today would be any different. He was always so serious and reserved, but something about how he relaxed into the conversation made me hopeful. Today may be the day he finally opens up and lets us see a different side of him.

But Eylaric remained silent, lost in his thoughts. No one pushed him to speak, understanding the weight he carried around with him.

Instead, we continued to chatter, sharing stories of our own, and I noticed Eylaric occasionally listening intently, the hint of a smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

"So, Apollo, have you devised a strategy for tomorrow's trial games?" Ethan asked, his eyes filled with excitement.

Apollo grinned, taking a moment to think. "Well, I think teamwork will be key. We must work together, support each other, and trust our abilities."

Wayde nodded, sipping his drink. "Yeah, and communication will be crucial too. We must have a clear and efficient way of coordinating our moves."

Reece leaned forward, his eyes gleaming with mischief. "And let's not forget about surprising our opponents. We should devise some secret plays they won't see coming."

Apollo chuckled, his gaze focused. "Absolutely. We need to be one step ahead at all times. It won't be easy, but I believe in us.

***
As we finished our lunch and headed to the team meeting, excitement

buzzed. Marcella, Abi, Scar, Lil, Reece, Wayde, Ethan, and I gathered around Eylaric and Apollo, eager for the upcoming trial games. I watched as Abigale and Wayde talked to one another. It was like Wayde was immediately drawn to her. He had been trying to make her laugh all throughout lunch. I wish Eylaric was open like his cousin, but he was the opposite of Wayde.

Eylaric's eyes flickered with a mix of determination and anticipation. "Tomorrow, the real test begins," he said, his voice filled with a quiet intensity.

Apollo nodded in agreement. "The trial games are not just about strength and power; they're about strategy, teamwork, and resilience."

I glanced around at my friends, a sense of camaraderie swelling within me. "We'll be unstoppable as a team," I said, my voice brimming with confidence.

Abi chimed in, her eyes shining with excitement. "Hell Yeah, and we'll show them what we're made of!"

Lily gave a playful smirk. "I can't wait to see the look on our opponents' faces when they realize they're up against the best squad."