Quinn(brain tumor)

"QUINN wake up, you're going to be late for school!" I heard my mom call from my doorway. "Hmmm, coming mom." I sat up and quickly got ready. I had a pounding headache and I felt dizzy. I should ask to stay home but I have a big test today that I can't miss.

My symptoms only worsened when I got up. My balance was off and my body felt as if I could collapse at any moment. I stumbled down the stairs and into the kitchen where I found breakfast sitting out for me. Next to it was a note from my dad, a doctor. He is always gone when I get up.

"My dearest (and only) daughter, I'm sorry I can't be there this morning on this special morning. I hope your day is great and I will see you tonight. I love you Quinn ❤️, dad." The note left me confused, what's today. Anniversary, no that's not it. Birthday, mine maybe?

I left the house in a confused state and drove myself to school. When I got inside I was greeted by a crowd of my friends. "3,2,1 HAPPY BIRTHDAY QUINN!" They all screamed in unison. "H-hey guys! T-t-t-thanks for doing this. I-I-I-I love i-it." I stuttered, fumbling on the words.

My friend Elaine walked up to me. "Hey Quinn, ready to go to class?" She asked me. I nodded and we began walking. All of a sudden dizziness took over me. I fell to my knees "Quinn, are you feeling okay?" "El, I'm fine. I just t-tripped," I responded and she pulled me to my feet.

We sat down in the classroom and the class began. "Quinn, can you come to the board and answer question 5 please," the teacher called. I looked up at the board and was confused. What class am I in? I walked up to the board and saw the problem. I felt dizziness take over again and this time I couldn't hold.

I felt the world spin and heard voices calling out. The last thing I felt was my body falling to the ground.

Elaine's POV

"Quinn, are you going to answer the question?" The teacher asked her. I looked at her face. Her eyes were glazed over when suddenly they rolled back and she fell to the floor, seizing. "Oh dear. I'll call the nurse, class stay here and finish your work sheet," the teacher ran out of the room right after she finished seizing.

I was frozen with fear as I watched my best friend convulsing on the floor. The room was filled with a mix of panic and confusion. Some students were crying, others were whispering worriedly to each other. I quickly grabbed my phone and dialed 911, desperately trying to remember what to do in this situation.

Within minutes, the school nurse arrived, followed closely by paramedics. They carefully attended to Quinn, ensuring her safety and monitoring her vital signs. The ambulance arrived shortly after, and they gently lifted her onto a stretcher, preparing to take her to the hospital.

I rode with Quinn in the ambulance, holding her hand tightly and trying to offer words of comfort. The ride felt like an eternity, each passing second filled with anxiety and uncertainty. We arrived at the hospital, where a team of doctors and nurses were waiting to assess her condition.

After a battery of tests and examinations, the doctors delivered the devastating news: Quinn had a brain tumor that had caused the seizure. The tumor needed to be removed as soon as possible to prevent further complications. It was a daunting and terrifying diagnosis for both Quinn and her family.

The surgery was scheduled quickly, and Quinn underwent a complex procedure to remove the tumor. The operation was successful, but the doctors explained that due to the location of the tumor and the intricacies of the surgery, Quinn would be left with permanent seizures. It was a heavy blow for all of us to bear.

Quinn's recovery was challenging. She had to adjust to a new reality, one filled with uncertainty and the constant fear of seizures. But she faced it all with remarkable strength and resilience. She refused to let her condition define her, and she surrounded herself with a strong support system of friends and family.

Do you think I should make this a full story? Comment your thoughts. Thanks for 200 reads and lots of votes. I appreciate you guys! Have a great week and I will add more chapters soon! Check out my other book! Enjoy! Requests are open message me or comment if you prefer!

REQUESTS GO HERE