Niall Horan(1D-Diabetes)

Requests from Horandog15

Niall woke with a huge headache and he knew what that meant. As a young kid, Niall Horan had been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. He'd struggled to manage it for a lot of his life. When he began his singing career and joined the 1 direction band, things had been going great. The boys were pretty protective over him after Niall has finally told. Most days they were on him about remembering to take insulin. Liam was highly overprotective and it got Niall's nerves sometimes but he was glad he could count on them.

They just started their tour recently, which means their schedule has been very busy. For Niall that meant his sugars were weird because there wasn't time for all 3 meals. The boys had been focused on the tour and haven't noticed yet.

He got out of bed and walked into the kitchen.

"Niall! You're awake, finally. We have to be at an interview in an hour," Louis announced as he entered the room.

"Have you checked your sugars today?" Liam asked as soon as he saw Niall.

"No..." Niall answered, earning a stern look.

"Its okay, just finish eating and then you should go do it," Louis said softly, inserting himself into the conversation.

Once all the boys had finished getting ready, Niall finally checked his sugars, inserting the correct amount of insulin according to what he ate.

***
Soon it was time for their interview. When they arrived Niall's headache had come back, but after checking the app his sugars looked normal. Harry quickly noticed that Niall looked a bit pale. There was no time to do anything about it because the interview had begun. All 5 of them sat down on the couch, answering questions provided by the interviewer.

"This is a fan submitted question, Juliette asks, are any of you single?" Everyone laughed except for Niall. He felt horrible and he knew something was wrong. The world around him was spinning and he was struggling to stay upright. Liam looked over to see Niall clutching his chair, knuckles turning white. His skin was pale and clammy.

Suddenly Niall began to fall forward. The boys noticed just in time and jumped to catch him before he face planted onto the floor.

"Niall?" Liam called, laying him flat on the floor.

"Let a medic," the interviewer, Katie was her name, ran backstage.

"What happened?!" Their manager asked worriedly.

"I don't know Paul, he just passed out. It could be something with his sugars,"Harry suggested. The rest of the boys nodded in agreement. Liam and Harry tried their best to wake Niall up while Louis and Harry searched for his diabetic bag.

Once they found the bag, a medic checked his blood sugars. It turned out that they were extremely low.

"An ambulance is on the way," a medic announced and everyone sighed in relief.

"I'm going to lift Niall onto the couch," Paul said picking the unconscious boy and placing him onto the couch.

In a few minutes the ambulance took him away, the rest of the band following in a car. When they arrived at the hospital the boys had to sit the ER waiting room for almost 2 hours without any news.

"Niall Horan?" A nurse called out. All 4 of them, 5 including Paul, rose.

"How is he?" Liam asked worriedly.

"He's awake now, they were able to raise his blood sugar back to normal but he is still feeling a bit sick." The nurse explained before allowing them to see him.

"Niall! I'm so glad your okay, you gave us quite a scare,"Harry said sitting in a chair beside his bed.

"Sorry guys, I should've said something," Niall admitted feeling bad.

"We're just glad you're okay. How are you feeling?" Zayn asked hoping his friend would return to health soon.

"I'm still a bit dizzy, but the nurse said that should go away by tomorrow," Niall reassured. After moments of talking a doctor came in to announce that Niall was allowed to leave as soon as they signed the discharge papers. The doctor made sure we would keep an eye on him for the next few days before we were able to leave.

After much protest by Niall, he was rolled to the van in a wheelchair. Louis and Harry helped get Niall to the couch whilst Zayn and Liam made sure he had everything he needed.

When they arrived back at the hotel, Niall was feeling dizzier then he had been earlier.

"Guys, I think I'm low again," Niall announced inside of the elevator.

"Okay, are you able to make it back to the room, can you walk," Paul questioned, worry evident on his face.

"Y-no I don't think so," Niall changed his response, wobbling on his feet. Liam helped Niall out of the elevator and Harry checked his blood sugar.

"60mg," Harry read off of the device. They began to treat his low and once he felt better, Paul carried him back to the hotel room.

"Why don't you rest, I'll have Liam wake you up in a few hours for a blood sugar rest," Paul suggested before leaving the room.

Niall fell asleep after a few minutes. They decided that from then on, no matter what, the boys made sure to check his blood sugar at regularly and made sure he ate. Paul made sure they new health was a number one priority.

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed this, comment your requests if you want to see more of these types. Have an amazing day y'all!

I really enjoyed writing this as much as I do reading these kinds of books. Remember to comment any more Sickfics requests or if you want more of this series!