5. Be Our Guest

Each step up Elsa's icy staircase is one of near-death.

Elsa and I walk up the icy staircase in suffocating silence, besides small noises from me as I tried not to slip on the steps.

Olaf wandered off to do his own thing, leaving the Snow Queen and me alone. Strangely, although I only knew the snowman for a few hours, with a chunk of the time spent running away from him, I miss the snowman's presence. The absence of Olaf's cheerful company seems to magnify the underlying uneasiness between the queen and me.

As we reached the top of the staircase, a cold breeze swept through the corridor, causing me to shiver involuntarily. I pulled my coat tighter around me as Elsa views me with her side eye. Her gaze is icy just like her demeanor and home.

"This way to your room. You may make yourself comfortable but remember, you are a guest. This is still my palace and domain." She remarks, and I nod.

"Of course, my queen."

Elsa immediately stops walking and stiffens. She turns her head, eyes wide looking disgruntled.

"Say that again." She demands.

I feel small with her attention on me.

"My queen."

Elsa's Point of View

"My Queen." (Y/N) repeats. A tingle travels down my spine at how she addresses me—so submissive. It fuels my ego, my sense of power watching this young woman swallow her fear and face me.

Although, in her defense, not a lot of individuals have been as brave as her or if they do face me, they are blinded by bloodlust and the false idea of glory.

But (Y/N) seems different than other travelers or conquerors. She's unique in her own clumsy and excitable way. A little like An—

No. I won't dare to think about her or my past life. Not now, not ever again.

I bite my lip and don't bother to reply to (Y/N).
Instead, I lead her toward the bedrooms in the castle. There are less than half a dozen, but I never expected company. Most of the rooms I created and furnished were more for my pleasure rather than others. After all, I have no one to impress.

I halt in front of an ice door, my hand on the cold handle.

"This will be your room. Mine is three doors down." I say, before swinging the door open.

I take a step into the room and she follows behind.

In the corner of my eye, I watch (Y/N)'s (e/c) eyes widen and she gives a little gasp. Her head swivels around, taking the view of the bedchamber.

The light of the waxing moon streams into the single window of the room, illuminating the walls in a relaxing glow, similar to the haze of my magic.

The walls and floor are frosted to appear like normal walls not made of ice. On the walls, there are ledges with a few of the icy Knick-knick like sculptures I've made over the years displayed on them.

The frame of the bed is sculpted from ice.

Now, the cold doesn't bother me, but for functional purposes, I do have a real mattress, pillows, and fur blankets in the bedrooms

Now, the cold doesn't bother me, but for functional purposes, I do have a real mattress, pillows, and fur blankets in the bedrooms. I have Olaf to thank for the bedroom accessories as he was the one to gather them from Oaken's Trading Post (and Sauna) a few years ago.

A crystal chandelier, smaller and more simple compared to the larger rooms hangs from the ceiling.

Of course, besides a few items here and there, everything from the dresser to the attached bathroom is made of ice. For the most part, the room is bare.

When (Y/N) spots the fireplace alongside the wall, her expression goes from surprised to confused quickly. I break the silence.

"I've reached a point in my powers where I can create unmeltable ice," I state, picking up some of the logs left on the side to place inside the frame. "This entire castle could be on fire and it wouldn't melt a drop. My home is an indestructible fortress. I control who comes in and out."

I look back to (Y/N) to see her biting the inside of her cheek. Her (e/c) eyes reveal all I need to know how she feels at a given moment.

For her current mood, curiosity, fascination, and fear. That little bit of fear doesn't deter her as she slowly approaches the fireplace beside me, running her fingers along the ice bricks.

"This is incredible." She mutters.

As if on instinct, I place my hand on her shoulder, causing her body to stiffen and turn to me with wide eyes.

"Never underestimate the power of ice and snow," I tell her.

A warning for (Y/N) and anyone else that dares to stand in my way.

The (h/c) haired woman nods. She's resourceful and intelligent, and hopefully (Y/N) will know not to test me as others have.

The image of Hans' dying body flashes in my mind, but I wouldn't do that too (Y/N), at least not when Olaf has grown attached to her. For now, I will spare the maiden, not only for her kindness toward my creations but also because she amuses me.

After finishing the tour of her room and the bathroom attached to it, I instructed (Y/N) to take a bath before having dinner with me.

At first, she seems hesitant about my offer of a bath. She even shudders. I then realize it's because she thinks what I'm providing is an ice bath.

I'm not that heartless.

Upon explaining to the young woman that the bath will not be full of ice cubes, she is more than eager to relax and change.

As I exit her room, I call upon my ice and snow servants to attend to my guest's needs while I overlook dinner.

I think reindeer will suffice for tonight.

Timeskip~

(Y/N)'s POV

Emerging from the ice tub with warm water—I don't know how that's possible, but hey there's a queen who has magical ice powers, so reality is not really a predominant factor in this story—I wrap a towel around my warmed-up body.

It feels surreal, walking around inside a legendary ice palace, about to get ready to meet with the Ice Queen.

Slowly, I peek my head around the side of the bathroom doorway, listening and looking for any intruders. My knives are in my backpack (that somehow managed to survive Olaf's chase and hugs) is on the other side of the bedroom.

When I'm satisfied that no one will interrupt my changing, I emerge into the bedroom.

Despite being in the castle for a few hours, every glimpse marvels me, filling my soul with happiness and contentment and of course fear.

Elsa is a murderer and so is Olaf apparently, but still, I'm in the castle of a power legend I heard so much about. For years I have imagined meeting the Ice Queen and I have and am.

I begin to approach the lounge chair where I had left my winter garments, I find laid on top of my previous clothes, a new set with a handwritten note.

Dear (Y/N),

I am providing you with this dress, and some other outfits in the closet, to be more comfortable with your stay. Please wear this dress when having dinner with me tonight.

~ Queen Elsa