8.

Eight : Hallie

"Another one." I slammed my shot glass on the counter, nearly breaking it. Without thinking I looked over my shoulder, gazing around the crowded room. The aroma of the Viper room definitely didn't sit well with my stomach especially with the alcohol, but I didn't care. Horrid body odor, mixes and mixes of cheap perfume, cigarettes, and booze. Yeah, I didn't care-I tried not to care.
However, when my eyes landed on him, that changed. Because just inches, no, centimeters from him, was a leggy red head. Lust controlling her body language. A barely-covered type of outfit. Heels so high, you'd think she was whispering to the lord. Oh, for fuck's sake.
I downed my shot within seconds and demanded three more-all for me, of course.
"Easy, Hal. Christ, you're taking them like it's water." Julian gentled pulled my shoulder back before I could take my last shot. "Slow down, babe."
"Dance with me." I ignored him, my hips swaying to the music.
"What?"
"I said, dance with me, Julian." I wrapped my arms around his waist then whispered in his ear. "Please."
Hiding my face behind his head, I slyly peeked over to Harry and the red headed leech and smirked in triumph. Just what I had hoped for, jade eyes full of fury and jealousy, were aimed at us. Check mate. I faced the counter once again and gave the cute bartender a flirtatious smile. It was the least I could do since the free shots had been provided by him. Underneath the shot glass was a napkin that had what I'm guessing was his number plus a can't wait to see the movie! Call me! After a wink and quick air kiss, I was staggering onto the dance floor, dragging Julian with me.
I didn't waste any time once we were in the middle of the dance floor. Alcohol did wonders and damage to my mind and body, emotionally and physically. Pulling the hem of my skirt a little higher, giving me the freedom I needed for my legs to move, I ground my ass against my partner without warning, causing him to momentarily choke. He was hesitant at first, but eventually, and much to my liking, he gave in. Attaboy. Hips rolling fluidly, hands everywhere, I let the music and alcohol take over. Eyes shut and not caring about the sweat ruining my outfit, I continued to put my little show on. All I kept thinking to myself was I hope he's watching, I hope he's watching, please god, let him be watching...a small mantra repeating itself in my head.
Suddenly I felt Julian stiffen behind me, his hands dropping. I opened my eyes, but before I saw him, they landed on the scene in front of me. Never had I ever felt so debilitated. A slender hand reaching behind to tug at the chocolate curls, the other hand resting on his thigh. His tattooed arm pulling her closer. The bastard knew. He fucking knew. Soon our eyes met, and I was done for. He let go of the dancing clown and ignored the way she huffed and stormed off. Sober Hallie would have run for the hills, but no. Right now, I was shit-faced drunk, emotional beyond my reach, and horny. Extremely horny and I had zero shame about any of it. None. Nada.
"Gonna use the restroom." Julian told me before walking away. You go do that.
"I'll be around." I nodded at him then turned to face Harry.
For a minute-one minute, our surroundings faded, it was just us two. For one minute I pretended that the last nine months never happened. For a minute I was his and he was mine, but under different circumstances. Alcohol was the mastermind in this moment, well for me at least. From what I could tell and had observed throughout the night, I hadn't seen Harry take a single sip of alcohol, but that didn't matter. All that mattered to me right now was having his body close to mine in all and any way. Our version of a stand off ended when we both reached for the other at the same time. If my dancing with Julian was heated, then mine and Harry's would be considered a deadly sin. His hands roamed up and down my sides, tracing my curves before settling on my breasts squeezing them every now and then, making my head fall back at the bursting sensation. The hem of my skirt moved up even more, now exposing part of my ass. Glad that the music was nearly deafening, I shamelessly moaned when I felt a thick lump behind my thigh. I shuddered when I felt his lips graze my ear. "Hallie." God, how I've missed that rasp. I'd missed it so much, it made me sick. Feeling bolder than ever, I placed both of my hands on his thighs then slowly moved up and towards the middle. I giggled when his hips bucked up.
"Hallie, fuck-stop... "
"Shhh." My hands now completely behind me, I palmed him. Pressing him with the right amount of pressure in circular motions, just the way he liked it.
"Jesus.." My fingers soon found his zipper and just when I was about to pull it down his hands stopped me and I couldn't ignore the searing heat at the contact.
"Hallie, stop. Stop, please." I broke away and turned to face him, pouting.
"Why? Why do you want me to stop, Harry?"
"Because you're drunk, Hal. S'not right.."
"You did it too." I knew I struck a nerve when his face dropped, but I was too drunk to care.
"Hallie...just not now. How about I take you home, yeah? I'll take you home and I'll even sleep on the couch. Wherever." Shit. And just like that, I sobered up. I had almost forgotten that he wasn't aware of my new living situation. I had entirely forgotten that he was practically my neighbor.
"No, no. It's fine, it's fine. I'll just have Julian take me home. It's fine, Harry." I rambled as I fixed my outfit. I walked off the dance floor, stumbling every five seconds. Fucking hell, I'm a hot mess.
"But Julian drank." Harry called behind me.
"He didn't."
"Hallie, wait- " I felt a hand on my shoulder pulling me back.
"Harry. Please. It's fine. Really, I just..I just need to go, okay?" The sad look in his eyes igniting the familiar ache in my chest.
"O-Okay. Yeah, okay. Erm.. See you soon?" I hope so.
"Good night, Harry." I walked away conflicted, confused, and wanting more.. And I knew I was in trouble.

***

Guess who?

It's Kyra! Em and I switched for this update ;) Thanks for reading, we love you loads!

Enjoy. Cheers.

- Em & Ky x