𝐢. SEE YOU AGAIN

˖*°࿐chapter one

˖chapter one.
i. SEE YOU AGAIN

———

janelle

"Nelle, wake up." Someone tried to move me from my comfortable spot on the bed.

I cuddled closer into my fluffy pillow. "No. Shut up."

"Janelle, get your lazy ass up right now!" the person said again, growing frustrated with my stubbornness.

I groaned, opening one of my eyes, "What, Rebekah?"

"There is breakfast downstairs. I made your favorite," she told me, opening up the room and prepping the bathroom for me.

Now I was wide awake. "Bacon and eggs?"

She nodded, "Over easy. Just how you like them."

I smiled at her before getting out of bed. Rebekah was and always will be my best friend. We initially met in the '20s, which is ironic considering I didn't even know Klaus until seven decades later.

"Now get up. You have a big day ahead of you." I slowly walked towards the closest as Rebekah left my room for me to get dressed.

I settled on a blue jumper and black ankle boots. I grabbed my leather jacket as well and unplugged my phone from its charger. When I got down to the kitchen, Rebekah already had my food set up on the table for me. She placed a glass of orange juice in front of me as I sat down.

"What's got you acting extra nice today?" I questioned, picking up my fork.

She scoffed, "Is it wrong for me to want to start my best friend's day out right before she leaves me for who knows how long?"

I swallowed my food and bit the inside of my cheek. Today was meant to be my last day in New Orleans before I go back to Mystic Falls. Klaus wanted me to leave before the end of the week being as it's almost Christmas time. I've just grown fond of this place, and I don't want to leave the ones I love behind.

"Rebekah, it's not forever. I'll be back before you know it," I assured her with a small smile.

Klaus came into the kitchen right after I said that not noticing I was in the room yet. He went straight to the fridge and grabbed a blood bag. I definitely don't miss those days. Once he turned around, he stopped in his tracks at the sight of me.

"What are you still doing here? You're supposed to be on a private plane right now back to Virginia."

"Oh, well, it's great to see you too, sweetie," I said, sarcastically as I chewed on a piece of bacon.

Klaus sighed and came over to me, kissing my cheek, "I don't mean to be harsh, Janelle, but you have to realize that I'm only being this way to protect you. The longer you stay here, the more you're at risk. I couldn't live with myself if anything were to happen to you."