𝐱𝐢𝐯. REUNITED

˖*°࿐chapter fourteen

˖chapter fourteen.
xiv. REUNITED

———

janelle

"Hey, Bonnie," I smiled, pulling her into a hug before she sat down at the table I waited for her at. "How are you feeling?"

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?" she joked, laughing lightly. "So what did you want to talk about?"

I asked Bonnie to meet me down at the Scull Bar so that we could discuss a few things with each other. For one, I wanted to check up on her, make sure she was okay after everything that's happened to her. And I also wanted to get an answer about something that's been bugging me.

I reached down by my feet and placed the box I previously received the night before in front of her. Bonnie gulped nervously as she fiddled with her fingers in her lap.

"Why did you have this? Better question — why did you want me to get it?"

She sighed, leaning back in her chair, "When Kai dragged me to Portland, he told me his back story. And in the midst of it, he kept bringing up a certain girl. One that made him feel special, wanted, and loved."

"Get to the point."

"I had no idea he was talking about you until he showed me what was inside that box," she told me. "I've seen what he's capable of, Janelle. I didn't want him to hurt you. I thought that since you were in New Orleans, you'd be safe."

"That still doesn't answer my question, " I shook my head. "If you were so worried about him finding me, why did you want me to see the box?"

"I didn't know about your memories until after I gave it to Damon," she mentioned. "I figured it wouldn't mean anything because you were already with Klaus for so long. I thought you moved on."

"You thought wrong," I snapped at Bonnie, feeling my eyes flame out and turn black.

Bonnie gasped, but I blinked quickly enough before any of the students sitting around us could notice.

I inhaled a deep breath, "I'm sorry. It's just... I don't think I moved on from Kai by choice."

Bonnie furrowed her brows, "What?"

"Damon thinks Klaus compelled me to forget Kai so that I would stay with him," I said. "Lately, I've been starting to wonder the same thing."

"Did you ask him?"

"No," I shook my head. "I'm afraid that Klaus will think that I still have feelings for him."

"Do you?" she asked warily. Just as I was about to answer, Bonnie cut me off by her rapidly tapping my arm. "Janelle," she muttered, her gaze fixated on something behind me. "Janelle."