𝐯𝐢𝐢. THE SOCIOPATHIC STRANGER

˖*°࿐chapter seven

˖chapter seven.
vii. THE SOCIOPATHIC STRANGER

———

janelle

"Does she have to be here?" I asked Damon as he stood next to Elena.

"Yes," he replied without a second thought. I mentally groaned and stood at the foot of Liz's bed.

"Look, Janelle, I get that you don't like me," Elena said as she turned to me. I nodded as if it weren't obvious enough. "But, could we please be civilized for five minutes for the sake of Caroline's mother?"

"Yeah, yeah. Noise, noise." Damon shot me a look as I pursed my lips. "Fine. I'll play nice with your girl-toy this once."

"All right. I need a 12-gauge needle stat," Kai said as he came into the room, wiping his hands with a paper towel, after washing them. "I don't know what I'm gonna do with it, but I need it."

"What even?" I mumbled to myself.

"You're not a doctor, so stop playing games. Because I am a vampire and I will rip your head off if you screw this up," Elena threatened him with a hard glare.

"What she said," Damon agreed. "So do your stupid little magic-suction trick and suck the magic out of her. Right now."

Kai smirked, amusement set on his face as he stared at them. "I get what you two see in each other. It's very dys-fun-ctional." He chuckled. "See what I did? Stressing the 'fun' in dysfunctional."

"I'm leaving," I stated blankly, walking out of the room.

Now I understand why his family locked him away in a prison world for so long. He never shuts up. Like ever. I definitely wouldn't want to listen to that for the rest of my life. Just as I turned at the corner of the hallway, I bumped into Jo.

Damn it, I forgot she worked here and was attending to Liz.

"Hey, Jo. Um, where you going?" I asked, attempting to stop her from going into the room.

"To check up on the Sheriff," she replied. "Why are you here? You hate hospitals."

"How did you —" I cut myself off, already knowing what she was going to say. "I just wanted to see how Liz was feeling. But she's actually resting at the moment, so you probably shouldn't bother her. A woman her age needs beauty her sleep — it's crucial."

I had to stall her somehow. She doesn't exactly know that her twin is on the loose, wanting to merge with her in exchange for helping us. But she should be safe as long as Liv and Luke are finished before Kai gets the chance.

"Right." She eyed me suspiciously. "But Elena's in there. And from what I've gathered, you guys aren't exactly the best of friends, so why would you visit at the same time she is?"