𝐱𝐢𝐱. SOMETHING WICCA THIS WAY COMES

˖*°࿐chapter nineteen

˖chapter nineteen.
xix. SOMETHING WICCA THIS WAY COMES

———

janelle

"You threw her off a balcony?"

"It wasn't entirely my fault. I had no control over what I was doing."

"She probably had it coming."

I was currently FaceTiming with Rebekah on my laptop. I missed her so much, so I was more than happy when she called me this morning. She was someone I definitely needed to talk to.

"Probably," I laughed.

I know that Elena and I friends now, but Rebekah doesn't know that. She might kill me if I even think about mentioning it.

"But maybe Nik is right — you should come home," she suggested. "Things have died down a bit, it might be safer."

I sighed, "I wish I could."

"You know he misses you, right?"

I'm well aware that Klaus has been a bit off since I last saw him. We communicate, but that's pretty much it, which isn't healthy for our relationship. I just don't know what else to say to him.

"Of course I do," I replied, "but Cassandra still wants to see how this pregnancy plays out. And now that my child can do magic tricks from the womb, she's even more on edge about letting me go places without a bodyguard."

"You have a bodyguard?" she asked.

I nodded, "Meet Chris." I pulled him into the screen by his shirt.

He waved, "Bodyguard, speaking."

Yes, Chris found out where I was. I knew he would, I just wanted to let him panic a little while longer. He's obviously not staying at Jo's place because she only has two bedrooms. Plus, she doesn't even know him like that.

But he's always in the area. Lurking around like the creeper he is.

Rebekah raised her eyebrows, "Janelle, could we talk? You know, privately." Both of our gazes shifted to Chris and he got the message, standing up to leave. "So how long has this been going on?"

"Almost a week," I answered. "He says he's from the future."

"Does he have a girlfriend in this so-called future?" she asked.

"I don't know. Wh —" I cut myself off, realizing where she was going with this. "Ew, no, Rebekah. No. Absolutely not."

"What?" she asked innocently.

"You cannot date future-boy. That's just weird and completely wrong," I stated.

"Oh, my God, Nelle. You never let me have any fun," she complained, putting on a sad face.