𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. SIGHT UNSEEN

˖*°࿐chapter twenty three

˖chapter twenty three.
xxiii. SIGHT UNSEEN

———

When Janelle regained consciousness, she tried to look to around, forgetting that she was wearing a blindfold for a second. She sighed, twisting her wrists around in hopes of making them loosen up, but there was no point.

Being forced to use her other senses, she heard the sound of someone chanting. She didn't recognize the language, but she sure as hell knew the voice.

"What now, Esther? Putting a hex on me because I 86'd one of your henchmen? Which by the way, he wasn't that great at his job," Janelle laughed, making the room fall silent.

"Something like that." Esther came around to Janelle and stared at her before hesitantly removing the blindfold.

Janelle excepted to be greeted with Esther's face, but instead, she didn't see anything. Her eyebrows furrowed and she rapidly blinked her eyes, only to see the same thing.

Nothing.

"I can't see," Janelle whispered to herself, quickly turning scared. "W-Why can't I see? Esther, what have you done?"

"In order for me to go through with the ritual, I need your cooperation. That'd be more than difficult on my end if you kept trying to fight me off. This way, it will be easier for both of us."

Janelle became livid. "So you stole my eyesight, so I wouldn't have to witness the death of my own child? How is that supposed to be easier for me?!" she screamed at Esther, trying harder to get out of her restraints, so she could pounce on her.

"Once the child is gone, I will reverse the spell. But in the meantime, I suggest you start saying your goodbyes. We only have a few hours left before this is all over."

The way Esther spoke so calmly about all of this, made her question if this woman really is crazy. Which she was wrong. Esther was beyond crazy.

The thought of her brothers suddenly came into Janelle's mind.

She knew they were out searching for her, but all she could do was pray that they'd rescue her sooner rather than later. It's only been a day, at least that's how long Janelle thought it was, but she believed that her brothers weren't going to stop until they found her.

Because she would do the exact same for them.

Although, she wondered if they had contacted Klaus. Janelle wouldn't have been mad if they did, but she wouldn't be extremely ecstatic about it either.

Since everything's now unfolded and it's been proven Esther is the reason for the recent chaos in town, Janelle couldn't help, but feel a bit disappointed in herself for not letting Klaus know earlier.