𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. POWER STRUGGLE

˖*°࿐chapter eighteen

˖chapter eighteen.
xviii. POWER STRUGGLE

———

janelle

"Hello?" I answered the call without looking at the Caller I.D.

"Hey. I got your text. What's up?" I recognized that as Stefan's voice.

"I told you to come home," I said irritably, "not call me."

"Well, I can't right now. Caroline and I are crazy busy, so you'll just have to settle on this," he explained.

"Fine," I sighed. "Would you like to explain to me why Sarah Salvatore is here in Mystic Falls?"

"Wait. What?" he asked.

"Yeah. I just ran into her this morning at the Grill with Matt. Why is she here and not studying at Duke University as an art major?"

Stefan sighed, "It's gotta be Enzo. He must've brought her down here."

"Well, you better do something before Damon sees her. I didn't have to go through the trouble of finding her that family and getting her out of this town with no questions being asked."

"She's family, Janelle," he reminded me.

"Distant family," I retorted. "Barely counts. We both agreed that she would be your responsibility. Now handle it," I demanded, hanging up.

I finished getting dressed and walked down the stairs. There was no way I was gonna stay in this house all day.

"Where do you think you're going?" a voice asked behind me.

I gasped, turning to face Chris, "All right. You gotta stop doing that. It's creepy."

"Janelle, you can't just leave without telling me," he told me. "You're under strict orders to stay in this house."

I rolled my eyes, "Oh, would you relax, Chris? I'm just going to a doctor's appointment."

"Then, let me take you," he offered.

"Yeah, no," I refused. "It's for the baby and there's no way in hell I'm letting you tag along for that. I already have a friend taking me. So, bye!"

I rushed out the front door without another word and met Jo in her car. Elena suggested that I see her again and when I told her about some of the complications I've been having with the baby, she set up a last minute doctor's appointment for me.

"Ready?" she asked once I buckled my seat belt.

"Yep."

———