𝐱𝐱𝐱. GIVE ME LOVE

˖*°࿐chapter thirty

˖chapter thirty.
xxx. GIVE ME LOVE

———

janelle

Humming to myself, I tip-toed into my bathroom with a smile plastered on my face. I was still buzzing with happiness after what happened with Kai. That was the closest we've ever been with each other and I seriously have no idea why I waited out so long.

But as much as I enjoyed myself last night, it didn't help the fact that I was completely dreading today. Kai was going to be helping Damon and Elena bring Lily home. It really hurt me that Damon would choose to listen to his girlfriend over his own sister.

But it didn't matter now. When the time is right, he'll see just how much of monster mommy dearest can be.

I finished up my hot shower and wrapped a towel around my body. My phone vibrated by its spot next to the sink and I checked it.

[chris] need to talk

And what, you're just not gonna elaborate on that?

I set my phone back down and proceeded to get dressed. I took my hair out of its bun and just let it fall across my shoulders, fixing it to my liking. Just as I was about to grab my heels, I heard Kai's soft voice calling for me. I guess he realized I left the bed

I walked back into the room as he was turning onto his back. He opened his eyes slightly and grinned, closing them again. "Where do you think you're going?"

"Nowhere...  just yet," I told him, only to have him let out a groan. I laughed and went over to my vanity, sitting in front of the mirror. It wasn't until then I noticed the trail of love bites going from my neck, all the way down to my chest.

"Damn it, Kai, you're such a freak," I scolded him, tracing the purple bruises with my fingers. And I just had to wear a top that put each and every one of them on display.

"Oh, cause you're such a saint," he retorted teasingly. "Look at what you did to me. It looks like I had sex with a mountain lion."

I glanced over at Kai, doing a double-take and biting my lip to suppress my laughter. There were two big marks on his neck and bunch of little ones scattered over his torso, while his back had some very distinct bright red lines.

"Oops," I mumbled. "But at least I openly admit I'm a freak. You, on the other hand, got problems."

Kai shook his head, chuckling, "I'm gonna shower."

I returned to my original position and grabbed my concealer. There was no way I was going to let somebody other than Kai see me like this. In the middle of applying the makeup to my skin, my phone went off again.