Magic Bullet

Adam sighed as he leaned against the locker next to Jackson.
"You ready for test day?" He asked him as Jackson put his stuff away.
"I'm sure I'll pass. What about you? Your dad still giving you a hard time about your grades?" Jackson asked him.
"I don't think he cares about them all that much but if I don't get them up he can't keep me on the team." Adam told him.
"Speaking of team, when is he gonna put you back in?" Jackson asked.
"Who knows, he doesn't think I'm mentally ready or something." Adam told him with a shrug. Their conversation was interrupted when a dark haired man leaned uncomfortably close to Adam.
"Where's Scott McCall?" He asked them.
"Can you back up, sensitive nose." Adam told him coughing slightly at the smell of blood and death coming from the older man. The older man gave in a confused look before taking a deep breath as if smelling him. Jackson took that moment to step into the conversation that was obviously creeping his friend out.
"Why should we tell you?" He asked him.
"Because I asked you politely, and I only do that once." He answered. Jackson hummed with a nod.
"Okay, tough guy. You know, how about I help you find him if you tell me what you're selling him? What is it? Is it, uh, dianabol? Hmm? HGH?" Jackson asked him.
"Come on man, do you seriously think Scott is one to do that shit?" Adam asked him.
"Steroids." The man said before attempting to walk away.
"No, girl scout cookies. What the hell do you think I'm talking about? Oh, and, uh, by the way, whatever it is you're out selling, I'd probably stop sampling the merchandise. You look wrecked." Jackson told him.
"Let's just go." Adam told Jackson trying to pull him away.
"I'll find him myself." The man said looking Adam over one last time before walking off.
"No, we're not done-" Jackson started grabbing the man before he was slammed into the locker.
"Fuck!" Adam shouted as he pushed the man off Jackson.
"Are you okay? You're bleeding." Adam said as he moved Jackson's hand to look at his neck.
"Let's go." Jackson said finally pulling Adam away.

After the incident, Adam found himself at Lydia's upside-down on her bed waiting for her to get home.
"When did you get here?" She asked plopping down next to him.
"There was this weird guy at school. He came in asking for Scott, it was weird. I could smell blood and death. Then he smelled me and shoved Jackson against the lockers. He kinda deserved it though..." Adam told her frowning his brows.
"He smelled you?" She asked him.
"Yeah, like deeply. It was creepy." He told her with a shrug.
"Why are you always getting into weird situations? Like that time when you were like 10 and that woman thought you were trying to cop a feel because you got dust in your eyes and were walking around with your hands out so you didn't fall. Oh, the when you crashed your bike in that ditch and it snagged your pants. They were so stuck you had to ride home in your underwear." Lydia reminisced.
"Thank you for that." Adam said nodding.
"You feel better now though don't you?" She asked him poking the edge of his upturned lips.
"I guess you're not wrong." He told her with a sigh.
"Not that I don't love that you are here but, why are you?" She asked him tilting her head to the side.
"Testing is coming up. I need help." He told her. Lydia sighed then rolled her eyes.
"Come on." She told him walking over to her desk.

(This chapter is super short but I didn't really know how to fill it. Thank you for reading!)