Wolf's Bane

Adam woke up a little earlier than normal to pick Erica up on the way. Just as he was getting into his car a text from Lydia came through telling him she was driving to school and to enjoy his ride alone with Erica. Adam huffed out a laugh waving bye to his dad before pulling out. Adam had barely stepped out of the car before Erica came running out of her house and diving into his arms.
"Well good morning to y-" Adam started before she was cut off again by her kiss.
"Good morning." She told him grinning up at him. Adam looked up before awkwardly clearing his throat as he locked eyes with Erica's dad. He relaxed almost immediately as her dad smiled and sent him a wave and a smile then walked back inside.
"He's just happy to see me happy." Erica told him pulling away to get in the car. Adam pulled her back to him making her laugh as he wrapped his arms around her walking them both to the passenger side.
"Thank you." She told him sweetly. Adam hummed leaning down to kiss her before closing the door and walking back to the driver's side.
"Off we go!" Adam cheered pulling onto the road and then locking his fingers with Erica's.

Adam had barely kissed Erica bye before Lydia had started dragging him off as she waved happily to Erica. Walking into the classroom Lydia rushed over and blocked Scott from sitting next to Allison.
"Try another row, sweetheart." She told him. Adam picked up on her on her look and cut Scott off by sliding into the seat behind Allison.
"Sorry, boss's orders." Adam told him when Scott sent him a slight pleading look. Scott sighed and sat down next to Adam.
"Okay, class, let's settle down. Let's get our books out." The teacher told them.
"Allison." Scott whispered leaning.
"Hey. Class is beginning." She told him.
"I know. I'll shut up. I just, um- I have some stuff on my phone that I wanted to send you. I thought you might like it." He told her.
"Okay." She told him before turning around again. Adam laughed lightly to himself at the goofy smile Scott got after that.
"All right I would like to return to our discussion from yesterday with a more in-depth analysis of with a more in-depth analysis of Iago and the way he preyed upon Othello's jealousies." The teacher stopped talking as Allison stood and walked out of the class followed closely by Scott.
"We seem to have some here today." The teacher said as Lydia and Adam locked worried eyes. Adam stood and moved to Allison's chair so he was next to Lydia.
"Do you know what just happened?" He asked her.
"I have no idea." She told him with a shrug.

Adam was packing up after the class bell.
"Want to join Erica and I for lunch?" He asked Lydia as they stopped by his locker.
"I'm gonna go find Allison." She told him shaking her head and walking off. Adam hummed waving her off. It didn't take him long to find Erica once he started looking. She was huddled to the wall by her locker.
"Lunch?" Adam asked her holding out his hand. Erica who had been looking the other way jumped slightly before turning to look at him.
"Yes." She agreed taking his offered hand. Their walk to the cafeteria was filled with idle chit chat as they weaved their way through the crowds. The couple found themselves outside with their food.
"How have your morning classes been?" Adam asked her.
"They've been good. I have a question." She told him setting down her fork.
"Yeah, what's up?" He asked her also setting down what was in his hands. Adam linked his fingers resting his chin on top of them and tilted his head slightly at her. Erica blushed looking into his blue eyes.
"The dance is at the end of the month..." She said trailing off.
"Erica Reyes, would you like to go with me?" He asked her softly with a smile. The already blushing girl turned impossibly red as she nodded shyly at him.
"Now I have a question." Adam told her.
"What's your question?" She asked him with a smile.
"Would you mind if I brought you to school from now on? I like seeing you first thing in the morning." He asked her. Erica paused for a moment to admire him before once again nodding her head in agreement. Just then the lunch bell rang and the couple had no choice but to part ways with a kiss.

The rest of the day had been uneventful until Lydia stormed past Adam yanking his arm to follow her. The fury coming from the small strawberry blonde was enough for Adam to keep his mouth shut.
"Jackson! This little text- not funny!" She shouted at him. Adam frowned his brows trying to look over her shoulder at the phone.
"I wasn't trying to be funny. I would have put a 'ha ha' at the end of it. And, see, there's no 'ha ha'." He told her.
"'Lydia, please give up my spare house key at your earliest convenience... As we are no longer dating'?" She read out the message. Adam nodded to himself taking off his bag and setting it down by his feet.
"You didn't lose it, did you?" He asked her.
"What the hell is this?" She asked him pushing Adam back slightly as he tried to move around her.
"Well, Lydia, in preparation for some big changes, I've decided to drop some of the dead weight in my life. And you're just about the deadest." He told her.
"Are you breaking up with me?" She asked him.
"Dumping, actually. I'm dumping you." He told her with a laugh. Lydia cocked her head slightly and let go of Adam patting his chest in a silent approval. The boy smiled at her before grabbing Jackson's color in one hand and punching him roughly in the face with the other. The single hit was enough to send Jackson to the ground bloody. People often avoided fighting with him for that exact reason. He was strong and brutal when it came to his fists. People in the hall gasped and backed away from them as Lydia smiled down at Jackson.
"Dumped by the ex-Captain of the lacrosse team. I wonder how many minutes it'll take me to get over that. Wait, seconds, actually. Seconds!" She shouted pulling Adam away.
"Want me to walk you to your car?" He asked her. Lydia nodded not wanting to talk after the whole fiasco.
"I just have to go grab Erica and we can go, okay?" He asked her. Lydia nodded resting her forehead against his arm as he lead her through the hall to Erica's locker. Erica sent the girl a concerned look as they approached.
"Don't worry about it." Adam told her wrapping his free arm around her shoulder. Erica smiled and leaned up kissing him lightly on the cheek as they walked.