Formality

The next few days had passed by in a bit of blur. It was a comfortable routine, he'd wake up and get ready for school picking up Erica on the way. then tease Lydia till lunch when he would meet up with Erica again before finishing the day with practice and taking Erica home. The only interruption was today after dropping Erica off at home he had to go to the mall once again with Lydia and this time Allison too for a suit and dresses for the formal. Adam stood close to Lydia took keep anyone from seeing up her dress as they went up the escalator with his head thrown back in boredom.
"You could smile, at least. Ever heard of the saying, 'Never frown. someone could be falling in love with your smile.'? Smile, Allison. I'm buying you a dress." Lydia told her.
"I have to admit as apologies go, that's more than I expected." Allison told her.
"Excellent." Lydia cheered.
"But not as much as I'm going to ask." Allison told her.
"What? What's that supposed to mean?" Lydia asked her.
"It means you're going to cancel on whatever dumb, roided-up jock you said yes to and you're going to go with somebody else." Allison told her.
"Who?" Lydia asked with a bit of a pout. Allison turned to look at a shelf of perfume.
"Him." She told her gesturing to Stiles as he sprayed himself in the face and sneezed multiple times.
"Greenburg is gonna be crushed." Adam said shaking his head at his dorky teammate.
"I wasn't going with Greenburg." Lydia said lightly hitting Adam in the chest.
"Oh. Don't frown, Lydia. Someone could be falling in love with your smile." Allison told her.
"That's cold." Adam mocked pointing at Allison.

Adam silently laughed to himself as he followed behind Lydia and Stiles playing with the royal blue tie Lydia had handed him not long ago. The silk fabric was soft between his fingers. Erica had sent Lydia a picture of her dress to make sure she matched Adam. He had to admit the idea of Erica wearing silk excites him more than he would have thought. Stile's slightly overwhelmed cry caused Adam to look up at him.
"Welcome to my world." Adam told him laughing slightly taking a few of the dresses from his hands.
"How do you do it?" Stiles asked him as they followed along behind her.
"Love. It doesn't matter if it's a family type of love or a romantic type of love. You should be willing to do something you might not want to in order to keep them happy right?" Adam asked the slightly shorter boy.
"Love?!" Stiles shouted looking over at Lydia and back at him.
"Don't even try. The only reason she hasn't noticed is because she doesn't want to. She's too hung up on that asshole Jackson." Adam said shaking his head.

Adam was a little surprised to find out he was Picking Erica up from Lydia's house rather than her own. Lydia had told him on their way back from the mall that she was going to get Erica and help her get ready. He just hopes she is being nice. He knows Lydia would never purposely be rude but sometimes her words just came out that way. Pulling in the driveway and walking inside Adam was met with a big hug from Natalie.
"Look how handsome." She gushed lightly patting his cheeks. Adam however was focused behind her at Erica. She was standing next to Lydia blushing. her hair was in soft curls and she was wearing soft makeup. Adam kissed Natalie on the cheek and walked paster her pulling Erica into a deep kiss.
"How are you so pretty?" Adam asked her.
"You're welcome." Lydia said smugly walking up next to them.
"I love you Lydia, but she was pretty even before you got ahold of her." Adam said sticking his tongue out at her.
"Okay, you two. I need some pictures now and then some more when Lydia's date gets here." Natalie said pushing them in a line with Adam in the middle. His left arm wrapped around Erica's waist pulling her tightly to him and his right draped loosely around Lydia's shoulder. In the middle of Natalie gushing over the doorbell rang signaling Stiles's arrival.
"Well, we are gonna go." Adam said waving bye to Natalie and truing to Lydia.
"You look amazing. Don't let Jackson ruin your night okay? You could have fun with Stiles." Adam told her.

Adam stopped in the school parking lot and turned to look at Erica.
"Is there any possible way you would want to ditch the dance and go frolic somewhere? Preferably without any clothes on?" Adam asked her with a cheeky smile. Erica laughed and reached into the small back she carried.
"For after." She said dropping a condom on the center console and getting out of the car.
"Whoa, wait?!" Adam called after her stuffing the condom in his pocket and stumbling out of the car after her.
"You are going to be the death of me, and oh what a splined one it will be." He teased her before kissing her on the lips. Erica laughed and started pulling him inside.
"You kids having fun?" Bobby asked once he spotted Erica and Adam.
"We just got here, I'll keep you posted." Adam laughed patting his dad on the shoulder and leading Erica off to the dance floor. Holding her close to him Adam swayed them slightly. His dads distant yelling brought their attention   Towards Scott and Danny dancing together. Adam's laughter could be heard in the silent crowd as his dad stuttered.
"Want a drink?" Adam asked Erica free the song finished.
"I would love one." She said nodding her head. Adam started leading her away only to bump into Jackson. He smelt heavy of liquor and he leaned into Adam's chest.
"You missed the celebration taking care of spazz a lot." Jackson slurred pointing over Adam's shoulder at Erica.
"I mean really man? You could be with anyone why did you pick that thing?" Jackson asked him.
"I would suggest apologizing and getting off me right now." Adam told him grabbing the back of Jackson's suit and pulling him away.
"Why should I? It's not like I'm saying anything that isn't true." Jackson told him. Adam grinned and kissed Erica's hand before letting go and punching Jackson in the face. The two boys hit the floor as Adam straddled Jackson sending blow after blow into his poorly cover face. People rushed to them trying to pull Adam away from him but failed against the boy's strength.
"Adam, please!" Erica shouted grabbing Adam's arm as he pulled it back to hit Jackson again. Adam stopped and stood up off the groaning boy.
"Sorry. I need some air." He told Erica kissing her and walking out of the side door closest to them.

Adam walked out on the field and spotted Stiles crouched down. He started walking over to the boy when he saw Lydia. She was laying on the ground bloody with a man over the top of her.
"Lydia!" Adam shouted taking off in a full sprint towards the towards them hopping over Stiles on the way. His body collided with him roughly sending the man across the field. Adam's jaw and hands ached and his eyes burned slightly as the night sky lit up like the sun had risen. Slamming his already brushing fist into the man a few time before Adam spun around to get to Lydia when he locked eyes just briefly with a gaping Stiles.
"Green?" He heard Stiles ask himself.
"Call 911." Adam ordered him dropping down to put pressure over Lydia's wound.
"You need to calm down. They can't see you like that." stiles said pulling out his phone.
"What are you talking about just call!" Adam shouted at him. Stiles held his phone in one hand and pulled Adam's out of his pocket with the other. He held up the camera and Adam started back at himself. His eyes glowing green, his face morphed and hairy. Large canines peaking out through parted lips. Adam wasn't sure what to think at the moment, he found himself terrifying but had no time to dwell on it, not with Lydia unresponsive underneath him.

(Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed season 1. These are Adam's eyes.)

)