First Date

Adam was more than stressed. He had made a rule with Lydia at this point if she didn't respond within the hour he was going to find her. After the most recent reply from her, he sat staring at Erica's contact. School had been canceled for a short time for clean up and investigation and his dad had been breathing down his neck in worry. He hadn't seen her in a little bit and had been wanting to ask her out, now seemed to be the perfect time. With one final sigh, he dialed her number.
"Hello." Her slightly shaky voice came through the speaker.
"Hey, Erica. School is out and I'm going stir crazy... Want to go out?" He asked her wincing slightly at his chosen phrasing.
"I would like that." She answered him. Adam smiled to himself at the smile in her voice.
"So how does dinner sound?" He asked her standing up from his desk and walking towards his closet.
"Dinner sounds good." She told him.
"Good, that's great. Pick you up around 6?" He asked her shuffling through his clothes.
"Yes, 6 works great. I gotta go, see you later?" She asked him.
"You will definitely see me later." Adam told her before hanging up.
"See who later?" Bobby called from the doorway. Adam cursed and jumped in the air before spinning around to face him.
"You uh... do you remember Mr. Reyes, the insurance guy who dealt with..." Adam trailed off looking down at his hands.
"Yeah, I remember him." Bobby told, he too looking down sadly.
"I have a date tonight with his daughter, Erica." Adam told him.
"Good, that's good. Be home before midnight. Condoms!" Bobby said before turning around and speed walking away.
"Dad?!" Adam called out quickly following his dad. They stopped at his dresser and Adam watch on with confusion as his dad started riffling through his drawer before pulling out a still sealed box of condoms.
"It's just dinner!" Adam told him refusing the box.
"It's never just dinner, how do you think your mom and I got you? You're the perfect age to do what we did." He told him raising his brows and forcing the box in his hand and pushing him out the door.
"Get her some flowers, girls like those." He told his son before shutting the door in his face. Adam sighed and got in his car shoving the condoms in the glove box. Just before he started it he stopped and pulled out his phone.
"Why do you have these in the first place?" Adam asked as soon as his dad answered the phone.
"They were bought when you were dating what's her name. Check the expiration." He was told before the line went dead. Adam glanced over at the glove box before shaking his head and starting the car. He still had a few hours to kill and was dressed in his sweats from the night before so Lydia was his best option.

Pulling into her driveway Adam noticed Jackson's car parked next to hers. Waltzing into the house pausing briefly enough to say I to Natalie before jogging up the stairs.
"I'm coming in don't be naked." Adam called out covering his eyes. The sound of fumbling bodied made him chuckle.
"Why are you here?" Jackson asked him pulling his hand away from his face.
"I need my lovely fashionista to help me, dad forced me out of the house before I could change with a box of condoms after he found out I had a date tonight." Adam told him with a shrug as he fell into Lydia's chair. The squeal that came from the girl in question made both boys flinch as she ran to her closet and started rifling through the small section that belonged to him.
"Who are you going out with? Do I know her?" Jackson asked him squinting slightly.
"I don't know if you know her." Adam told him trying to doge the question. He wasn't embarrassed at all by Erica. He just didn't want to put her in Jackson's line of vision to be mocked a teased. His friends always treated the girls he dated poorly almost like he was jealous in a way.
"Here, try this and this." Lydia butted in handing him a shirt and jacket before walking off to her dresser.
"Yes, master." He answered before standing up and taking off his hoodie.
"It still amazes me how quickly you healed after the accident, you don't even have any scars left." Jackson told him taking a seat on the bed.
"The doctors say it's thanks to my youth but even they seemed amazed by it, there wasn't much of me that wasn't stitched up after it." Adam told him a little quietly resulting in Jackson receiving a slap to the back of the head by Lydia.
"He's hot, let's not talk about it anymore." She said handing him a pair of jeans.
"I've been looking for these for like a month." Adam told her holding them up slightly.
"You leave everything here, it looks like you're slowing moving in." Lydia told him.
"I'm gonna need you to turn around, I'm not wearing underwear..." Adam trailed off as Lydia gasped and held a pillow over her face. Adam laughed and he swapped his sweats for the jeans then shoved his feet back in his sneakers.
"What kinda flowers do girls want?" Adam asked Lydia as he sat back down. Lydia hummed before answering.
"Roses might be a bit much for a first date, but peonies are nice, plus they smell sweet. Pink for happiness, red for romance." She told him. Adam nodded before standing up.
"Now I need to find somewhere that sells flowers in this town." He groaned to himself making his way out of the room.
"Main street!" Lydia shouted after him receiving a thank you in return.

Adam stopped outside Erica's house shortly before 6. With a nervous deep breath, Adam picked up the flowers and made his way to the front door. Before he could knock the door was pulled open by a blushing Erica.
"Hello." She greeted him with a smile.
"Hi." Adam greeted back before holding up the flowers.
"I couldn't remember if it was red for romance or pink, but I know one means happiness so I just got some of both... they smell sweet?" He winced slightly at the end.
"Red for romance, but happiness is good too." She told him looking down as she laughed.
"Now that I think about it, red makes sense for romance." He told her nodding his head.
"Water, I'll be right back, wait here." She told him before rushing back inside. When she came back out Adam opened her door.
"All in?" He asked her shutting the door after receiving a sweet yes.
"So, I was thinking trash fast food and a movie, given how we were reunited?" He asked her once he got in the car and pulled his laptop from the back seat.
"That sounds perfect." She told him smiling softly at the memory of their run in at the video store.

After pulling through the drive through of a burger place and stopping at a random roadside picnic area Adam balanced the laptop on the dash for them both to see.
"They didn't give us napkins." Erica said as she handed him his food.
"I think there is some in the glovebox." He told her. Time seemed to slow as she opened it up and the box of condoms fell out.
"I- we- it's- I. It's not what you think." He stuttered out pointing at the box.
"It's okay, really." She told him.
"No, umm. My parents had me when they were 17 and my dad- he um- found I was going on a date tonight and kinda forced them on me. I promise I had no bad intentions." He told her. Erica laughed lightly grabbing a few napkins then stuffed the box back inside.
"Maybe after a date in the future." She told him, her face glowing bright red at her own words.
"Whenever you're comfortable." Adam told her laughing off his own embarrassment.

One movie turned into more pausing only briefly for an ice cream break at a late night truck stop. So when Bobby's angry face greeted Adam at the door it was well deserved as he held up his phone showing the time.
"It's almost 2 am. I said before midnight!" Bobby shouted. Adam just grinned.
"I would say sorry but I don't think I've had this much fun since before..." Adam trailed off letting his smile fall slightly.
"I take it back. I am sorry I made you worry. It won't happen again." Adam corrected himself once he watched the anger melt into concern on his dad's face.
"I'm happy you had a good time, now get to bed. You have school tomorrow." Bobby told him pulling Adam inside by his jacket.
"Night, dad" The teen told him before shutting himself in his room.

(I tried to write this chapter so many times with the actual episode but with how out of character Scott was and him and Lydia I couldn't find a way I liked it so I kinda made my own and we can forget about the kiss and the aggressive behavior, haha... I don't know Coach's actual age so for comedic purposes now and later he is around 34 and a teen dad. Was hoping to get this and another chapter up today but I got Blade in Star Rail and I've been grinding to level him up. Thank you for reading!)