Chapter 1

Hi. This is me trying to work on my writing skills. I'm no writer by any means, so chapters might be short and posted once a month. English is my second language, so I'm still making many mistakes. If you see any through the chapter, please, leave a comment and let me know. Help me learn ❤ Thank you in advance
————

"Why the hell did I decide to do that?!" Diana thought to herself, trying to catch her breath. She was convinced she's going to pass out, so she found the nearest bench and sat down, her hands on her knees, breathing heavily.

She just run up the highest hill around the hotel she's been currently staying at and that was definitely not a good idea. She started running only two months ago and going to the gym four times a week before that wasn't enough for her to run up that hill without feeling like she's going to spit out her lungs. The view was absolutely gorgeous though.

Diana's breath started to get steady again and she wasn't as dizzy as before, so she decided to head back to the hotel. She already knew she's going to be sore the next day, so she just walked slowly, enjoying the sun peeking through the trees.

Unfortunately it wasn't her day off, she had to attend her boyfriend's birthday party and act like she was in love with him. This was a part of her contract, always attending the events he was going to, basically being his shadow and pretending he's her whole world.

It's been only a month since the contract has been signed and she wanted it to end already. Acting like you are head over heels for someone when you don't even like that person was extremely tiring. The good thing is she gained a lot of followers on her social media and was more recognizable, which is the only thing Diana wanted from this agreement. Her work email has been flooded with collaboration requests since Charles made their relationship official.

"Hi! I'm sorry, do you have time to take a selfie with me?" A girl asked. Diana immediately gave her the most welcoming smile.

"Hi, of course angel, come here!" Her voice was higher than normal. She always tried to be kind to people walking up to her, knowing if she seemed tired or upset it would end up as #DianaRynnIsOverParty on Twitter. Even if she was in a rush, she always stopped and took some pictures with her fans.

After a quick chat with the girl, Diana went back to the hotel room and took a shower. She exfoliated and shaved her whole body, washed her hair, used 3 different hair masks and moisturized head to toe. Her skin care was important, she needed to look flawless as there are going to be paparazzi outside of the party and the cameras could catch everything.

She decided on a short, red dress with a pair of black heels and black purse. Her outfit was bold enough for her to go light with makeup, so she used some bronzes and gold with a nude lipstick. When she was finishing drying her hair, her phone rang which meant the car was waiting for her.

As expected, the house was already full of people she didn't know and a lot of them were greeting her like an old friend. Diana didn't mind though, as a girlfriend of the host she had to be on her best behavior, friendly to everyone and always smiling. She procrastinated as long as she could, but after a few minutes she had to find Charles.

"You're finally here, darling!" He said as soon as he saw her and kissed her.

"Happy birthday, love. Make sure to open the present when you're alone!" She faked a giggle and some of his friends around laughed too.

"Looks like it's something special, Leclerc! Tell me all about it later" Pierre joked and lightly pushed Charles' arm. Diana really liked him, his presence always made her day better. He was like a ray of sunshine, always cheerful and his sense of humor was similar to hers.