Chapter 8

Diana's alarm went off at 7 in the morning. Her flight home was at 1, so she had time to pack herself up and grab some breakfast.

When she tried to get up to switch the alarm off, she realised a hand is laying on her stomach. Charles was still sound asleep, not reacting to the alarm. He was laying on his side facing her and looked extremely peaceful. His face slightly squished on the pillow looked funny, but it just meant he has a good sleep.

Diana remembered she never got to sleep properly, she just got too cozy and her body made a decision for her. She wondered if Charles also fell asleep accidentally and how did they manage to get their heads on the pillows as she was definitely not laying down the moment she fell asleep.

Diana gently lifted Charles' hand up, just enough to be able to reach her phone and turn the alarm off. Then she got back to her previous position, put the hand where it was and watched Charles sleep for a while. He always looked good, but now, with messy hair, Diana thought he never looked this good. There was something special about the blissful expression on his face that made Diana's heart jump with joy.

Unfortunately Diana's bladder didn't let her stay in bed for long. She had to get up and pee. While she was in the bathroom she decided to take a shower and brush her teeth. Hot water running down her body woke her up for good. Usually she needed coffee to feel that, but not that morning. Maybe it was the fact she didn't sleep that well in a long time.

When Diana got out of the bathroom, Charles was sitting on the bed, rubbing his eyes. He smiled when he saw his blonde friend enter the room. She was wearing a robe and the water was dripping from her hair.

"How did you sleep?" She asked with a smile, looking for something to wear. She didn't want to look like she hoped he would be still asleep. If she knew he had already woken up she would've just put on the clothes from the day before instead of a robe.

"Better than ever, how about you?" Charles smiled back. He had to force himself to look away from her. The Monégasque had seen her in a bikini before, even got a small glimpse of her without her top on, but the silky robe on her looked almost intimate and he didn't want to seem like a creep staring at her.

"Surprisingly well. My head hurts a little because of all the crying yesterday but other than that I'm all good"

Diana took some clothes and headed to the bathroom again to change. She put on her favorite airplane set, which was just a jumper and a matching pair of sweatpants. Navy blue really complimented her complexion.

Charles was checking the time as she opened the door. Unfortunately for Diana, he fixed his hair already.

"Do you need to get back to Maranello today?" She asked as she started to pack some of her stuff up.

"Yeah, I'm supposed to be there at 4. When's your flight?" Charles asked back.

"At 1 but I need to be at the airport at 11 at the latest, I've got quite a lot of bags with me"

"Wanna grab breakfast before? I know a great place and I can drop you off at the airport after so you won't need to get a taxi" Charles offered and Diana was really happy he did. She wanted to spend as much time with him as possible.

"Yeah, sure, I'd love that" Diana smiled wide. "I'm not sure if Pista is going to fit all of my suitcases in though, there's not much space in it"

"Don't worry your pretty little head about it. I'm gonna grab a few things from my car and take a shower if that's okay? I feel like I need it" He pretended to smell his shirt and make a disgusted face, which made Diana laugh and nod her head as a sign of agreement.