Chapter 11

Charles was already sitting in the car before quali when Diana walked right past him, not even looking in his direction. She put her headset on and stood at the back of the garage. Her movements were empty, almost automatic, but she needed to play a good girlfriend and support Charles, so she was there even if the thought of him made her wanna vomit.

When he saw her, he called her name. He wanted to jump out of that car and apologize. When Charles confronted Pierre about his suspicions, Pierre just laughed in his face. But when the French found out how Charles treated Diana because of it, he not-so-gently explained to him that he acted like an absolute asshole. And it wasn't until all of the negative emotions and jealously left Charles' body that he realised his reaction might've cost him his relationship with Diana.

Carlos managed to secure pole position with George Russel filling the front row, Charles was third with Lando right beside him. Surprisingly the RedBulls didn't make it into Q3, something no one expected after two fantastic seasons they had. Stroll had a terrible crash that luckily did not harm him, but the car was wrecked.

Diana went to congratulate Carlos and Charles after the session, kissing both of them in the cheek. The sight of her fake boyfriend sucked all the air out of her lungs, making her wish she never met him.

"Wait for me, please" Charles whispered in Diana's ear when he leaned in for the kiss.

But Diana had no intention to stay. She already called a taxi and snuck out when the drivers were on their media duty. She just wanted to lay down and scream in her pillow from frustration.

Unknown

This is my second warning. Leave forever or you're gonna regret ever being born.

The message appeared on her screen when she was about to open the taxi door. Diana looked around trying to find out if anyone's looking at her or even in her direction, but nothing seemed out of normal. She quickly jumped in and asked the driver to hurry.

She felt safer in the hotel room, but the text she got worried her more than the first one. Diana began to consider if staying was worth it at all. Maybe if she showed the texts to her manager, he would be able to end the contract earlier. She would go back to her previous life, leaving the Formula One world behind. After what Charles did, she wouldn't miss him. Leaving the boys and Kika would hurt, but she was ready to do it if it meant keeping herself safe. That was her priority after all.

Diana's phone didn't stop ringing when she was under the shower. She didn't call back when she got out because it was Charles, the last person on earth she wanted to have contact with at the moment. Instead she put the phone on silent, turned the TV on, logged into Netflix and continued watching Suits.

After a few episodes her body reminded her she didn't eat dinner. Instead of going out to eat, she ordered a room service and settled for pasta carbonara. It wasn't as good as the one she had in Italy, but it was enough to fill her stomach.

When she was about to go to sleep, Diana heard someone knocking on her door. She wished she could see who it was before opening, but there was no peephole. As she was about to open, a voice came from the other side.

"I know you don't want to see me, but I won't go away without talking to you"

She could recognize his voice anywhere. She didn't know how he got her room number, but she suspected Pierre had something to do with this.