Chapter 13

Diana could feel the blood drain from her face when she read the text Charles was showing her.

Unknown

You should've known better than ignoring me, I'll make you suffer as soon as I can. See you, bitch.

Charles looked confused and angry, demanding an explanation. Diana had no energy left to deal with this at the moment, so she just shrugged and layed in bed.

"It's nothing, okay? Probably some stupid joke. I'm tired, can you bug me about it tomorrow?" Diana asked, hoping Charles would forget by the morning and she wouldn't have to talk him through the whole deal.

"No, absolutely not. Someone is threatening you? Have this happened before? Why didn't you tell me? What's your password?" Charles had more questions than Diana could process, making her head hurt instantly.

"Jesus, calm down. It's nothing. My guess is a fan thinking she has a chance with you if I'm not in the picture. It's harmless" The blonde tried to play it off, hoping Charles would give up on investigating it further.

"Password, ma chérie" Charles said firmly. "And don't roll your eyes at me, you know I can't leave it like this"

"I'm not going to sleep any time soon, am I?" She whined. Charles shook his head. "Fine. 1989"

"Why that?" Charles asked curiously while typing the password in.

"The year Taylor Swift was born" Diana answered, not embarrassed about it like she would've been a few years ago.

"Sometimes I forget how much you love her" Charles chuckled, but his mood quickly changed when he saw all the texts Diana got from the unknown number.

Diana sat next to him, wanting to see what else he was looking for. But he just stared at the one-sided conversation in disbelief, not moving.

"You should've told me right when you got the first text" Charles said after a moment. He took a screenshot and sent it to himself before Diana even had the chance to protest. "I'm not gonna leave it like that"

"Seriously, Cha, let go. I'm not in any danger, no one is hiding behind the corner to hit me in the head with a brick. It's just a jealous fan" Diana squeezed his hand in a reassuring gesture.

"No one is going to threaten my girlfriend"

Diana's heart skipped a beat at his words. It wasn't the first time he's called her his girlfriend, but it was the first time he did so while being alone with her, with no one around to lie about their relationship to.

Charles gave Diana back her phone and took out his, saved the screenshot, cropped it and opened Instagram.

"You're not going to post this, right?" Diana asked, but she already knew the answer.

"People need to know I won't tolerate this behavior" He didn't even hesitate to hit post after writing a long paragraph.

"I don't need you to advocate for me, especially not publicly. I can take care of myself, this is just going to cause people to create more hate accounts if they see me as a fragile lady who needs a man to speak on her behalf"

Don't Blame Me | Charles LeclercOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara